Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Please help me get started  (Read 1065 times)

• Liked: 7
Re: Please help me get started
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 11:29:49 PM »
And you just might find that British knight in shining armour down under!
I swear, British men as SOOOO much better than American men. Less judgmental, they don't want Barbie dolls, and love you for your faults as wells as your assets. Both in personality and otherwise.
They come HIGHLY recommended.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 12:27:30 AM »
And you just might find that British knight in shining armour down under!
I swear, British men as SOOOO much better than American men. Less judgmental, they don't want Barbie dolls, and love you for your faults as wells as your assets. Both in personality and otherwise.
They come HIGHLY recommended.  ;D  ;D  ;D

LOL  :) :D ;D

Too funny.  I feel the complete opposite and think that American men are way better and I am talking from plenty of experiences with the typical pub going, football loving, beer drinking Brit  ::).  Left for the USA to marry my Yank at age 28 after quite a few failed relationships with the typical Brit.  If anything ever happened to my beloved Yank I would be hard pressed to find any typical Brit Lads worth marrying.  I'm sure there are a few left that haven't been taken but I would seriously be wondering why they hadn't been taken yet as I'm 40 this yr and I'm not that into having a 20yr old toy boy  ;D.

Remembering now with not so fond memories my jerk of an ex-b/f who I was with for 5 yrs prior to flying to the USA.  I shared and learned more about my hubby in the first 4 months of dating than I did in 5yrs with my ex.  Hehe what a LOSER he was  :o.  Judgemental and emotionally abusive was all he knew  :-\\\\ but hey each to their own huh.  You love a Brit and I love a Yank, what a small world we live in that we can even share our lives with others so easily, it is wonderful.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 12:34:22 AM »
There are winners and losers on both sides of the pond. I don't think I'd get on with a "typical pub-going" Brit any more than I did with typical bar-going Yanks.  But I'm certain that I wouldn't have found anyone as lovely as my DH in the US.  Partly because
I've found this to be the case.  At least, my case  :) 

Perhaps the problem is with "typical" men of any nationality?
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 12:55:32 AM »
There are winners and losers on both sides of the pond. I don't think I'd get on with a "typical pub-going" Brit any more than I did with typical bar-going Yanks.  But I'm certain that I wouldn't have found anyone as lovely as my DH in the US.  Partly because I've found this to be the case.  At least, my case  :) 

Perhaps the problem is with "typical" men of any nationality?

We both fell in love with non-typicals.  My husband is far from being the "typical" yank, which is probably why I fell in love with him, he didn't go to bars, he didn't crave the big boobs and blond hair  ;D and he was really excited to come to the UK to meet my family and he was raised in a Christian family although he didn't practice (like me).  In the previous 5 yrs relationship my parents never got to have a sit down meal and only saw the person when being picked up or dropped off for a minute each time, what a contrast.

There are definitely winners and losers on both sides of the pond.  We both landed winners  :).

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 07:30:09 AM »
Thanks for all the info, everybody! I am a little bummed about not being able to travel to the UK, but I will definitely consider Australia and NZ! You guys are very helpful. Thanks again.

There's also nothing to say you can't travel to the UK for a six week holiday...depending on how much money you have available to you, since you can't work while in the UK.  For some people, that would be adventure enough!
UK resident since 2005, UK citizen as of 2010 due to female British parent.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Winners, indeed!
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab