Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My App is ready and being sent to Courier tomorrow!!  (Read 2015 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: My App is ready and being sent to Courier tomorrow!!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 06:46:09 AM »
Hehe, Steve stays far away from London. We might end up taking the train into town and make a weekend of it when we have the money, but he refuses to drive there.

I don't blame him! It's worse than driving in Manhattan, which, in itself, is no picnic!
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 07:05:29 AM »
Me too. I'm messed up for weeks when we say goodbye.  :-X The first time we said goodbye (I was only 16 at the time of our first visit) I was so depressed and cried so much that my face was like, swollen. And my mother had to give me benadryl and I just spent two days in bed crying and sleeping. It was awful. Clearly I have matured since then... :P  But it still affects me so much. I get this empty feeling in my chest... And I'm sure you know what I mean... but it never fully goes away until I see him again. :( But soon that will be over! No more goodbyes! I can't wait! ;D I'm glad I have people here who understand that feeling. Friends from college were always like "Oh yeah I know how you feel. My boyfriend lives two hours away and it's really hard."  >:(

Yeah, I always get jealous whenever people talk about that sort of stuff, and how close they are to their SOs, but I wouldn't trade Steve in for the world, either :) But it makes me sick to leave, or to see him leave; I don't think I've ever cried harder at times, and I know I certainly didn't know what true heartbreak was until he left the first time he came to visit :( I want to be able to look back on all of these and laugh because it's all behind us, I just have to be patient at the moment :P

I don't blame him! It's worse than driving in Manhattan, which, in itself, is no picnic!

I don't really blame him either, it'd be like my trying to navigate New York City or somesuch, and I'd be a right mess  :-\\\\ My family got a little upset that I hadn't seen London when I went to visit the first couple of times, but like I told them, it's not always easy to go to, and Steve has kids he has to think about, so we can't really just hop on over. But it'll be easier when I'm living there full-time, and he doesn't have to take chunks of time off of work surrounding my visits like he's done in the past :(
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
Haha, that just made me think. I'm from Pennsylvania, and we drove up to my Great Uncle's house just across the border to Ohio, and his house overlooks Lake Erie. And Vincent thought it was the sea. haha. He refused to believe that it was a lake because it was too huge! And I told him "They're the Great Lakes... It's kind of in the name." But he still fights me on it and says "A lake cannot be that big. It is a sea. A freshwater sea."  ::) Though, I also refer to what he calls "mountains" in england as "hills." Because the hill that my house is on top of in PA is bigger than most of those "mountains" he refers to. ;)

That was a long tangent without much point ;D But I'm very tired. And when I'm tired I ramble. lol

What part of Pgh are you from? I grew up in McMurray which is just south of Mt. Lebanon and Upper St. Claire on Rt. 19.

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 03:14:27 PM »
What part of Pgh are you from? I grew up in McMurray which is just south of Mt. Lebanon and Upper St. Claire on Rt. 19.

I'm Northeast of Pittsburgh in a little town called Verona... I'm close to the Pittsburgh Mills, and not too far from Monroeville. :) Nice to have a fellow Pittsburgher in the forum! ;D
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

• God only knows what i'd be without you
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 08:26:11 PM »
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The ECO needs another document from us because DF's Company changed the way they do business so his wage deposits changed names mid year!!!
 [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bomb.gif]

Another day of waiting and now I feel like they're gonna deny the app

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 08:28:22 PM »
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The ECO needs another document from us because DF's Company changed the way they do business so his wage deposits changed names mid year!!!
 [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bomb.gif]

Another day of waiting and now I feel like they're gonna deny the app

Honey, CHILL! If they were gonna refuse your app they would have done it already!...if they've notified you they need more information then consider yourself lucky...in other countries you would have received an automatic refusal...It's just one more day...have they said to fax it to them?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 08:30:57 PM by WebyJ »

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »
*hugs* WebyJ has a good point--they're not automatically refusing you, they're just asking for a bit more evidence, that's all, and it's something it sounds like you can give them. They wouldn't have bothered to ask if it was something they'd out-and-out refuse you on, it'll be alright :)
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 08:36:54 PM »
Honey, CHILL! If they were gonna refuse your app they would have done it already!...if they've notified you they need more information then consider yourself lucky...in other countries you would have received an automatic refusal...It's just one more day...have they said to fax it to them?

When I called my courier a hour ago he told me not the ECO. He said when they asked for something showing his current wages he took the app back so that he could call me and we could go over it to be clear. On DF's bank statements the name of the deposits switches because they had to fire a partner and when they did that they stopped trading and became an incorporation.  ???

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 08:38:28 PM »
*hugs* WebyJ has a good point--they're not automatically refusing you, they're just asking for a bit more evidence, that's all, and it's something it sounds like you can give them. They wouldn't have bothered to ask if it was something they'd out-and-out refuse you on, it'll be alright :)

Thanks  :(

It's just I didn't get to bed until 5 am, I tossed and turned and woke up often, and then finally woke up at 10 am. At 11:30 I couldn't wait and called my courier.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 08:39:23 PM »
Wait, what?  The courier took the app back from the ECO?  So the ECO doesn't have it anymore?  

When I called my courier a hour ago he told me not the ECO. He said when they asked for something showing his current wages he took the app back so that he could call me and we could go over it to be clear. On DF's bank statements the name of the deposits switches because they had to fire a partner and when they did that they stopped trading and became an incorporation.  ???
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »
Because you used a courier that is what would happen. The consulate's contact point is your courier not you. So no need to worry just have your DF fax the info first thing in the morning from their payroll people and I'm sure you'll have your visa very soon.

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2009, 08:50:22 PM »
Because you used a courier that is what would happen. The consulate's contact point is your courier not you. So no need to worry just have your DF fax the info first thing in the morning from their payroll people and I'm sure you'll have your visa very soon.

My courier told me to have DF email him a letter explaining the situation. The cover letter from the business Accountant explains that they ceased trading on this date and he is now a director of the new company but it is the same business. He said with the letter explaining why it changes on the bank statements and the letter from the Accountant we should be ok. I'm still nervous as all hell.

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2009, 08:51:16 PM »
Wait, what?  The courier took the app back from the ECO?  So the ECO doesn't have it anymore?  

I don't know if it was the ECO, the person at the consulate window, or his in house former ECO?

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2009, 09:04:23 PM »
Did they ask you to fax the document to the courier or to the consulate?
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2009, 09:44:36 PM »
Did they ask you to fax the document to the courier or to the consulate?

My courier asked me to have DF email it to him

Sponsored Links