Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Supporting Documents  (Read 2067 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Supporting Documents
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 09:00:53 PM »
Cutting and pasting the revised list is a great idea.  I'll start to include it at the end of any posts where I change something on the list.

Thanks for the support on all of our financial documentation. I'll keep being extremely thorough in that part of the application and feel completely comfortable with it now. :)

I'll keep the Skype call log, phone bills, and email inbox screenshot.  The email screenshot will span an inbox with 800+ emails so it will be quite a few pages, so should I include all of them or just a few screenshots of the inbox spread out every 2 or 3 months?  I'm also not as sure about including 2 to 6 emails we've exchanged.  I definitely won't include any chat logs.

bookgrl, we had trouble with the photos of ourselves as well.  Since we also just travel together we end up with one of us holding the camera at arm's length and a picture of both our heads and only a small section of whatever's in the background behind us. :P

Here is the current revised list:

Application
Biometrics

10 photos of us together
5 photos from the wedding
Phone bills and skype call log
Email inbox screenshot
6 emails to each other; one every few months
Council tax and water bill with both our names to prove we lived together
Ticket stubs for trips we took together
Post-it-notes in my passport showing the stamps I got while traveling with him
Sponsor letter from my husband

3 months of bank statements for both our accounts
6 months pay slips from his old job
Invoices for past 6 months freelance work, showing total income
Contracts for coming 5 months freelance work
Statement from his parents about living with them, paying rent, size of the house
5 photos of the common areas in the house, plus ones of our bedroom
Latest mortgage statement from his parents
Offer of part-time employment for me once I enter the UK, stating position, hours, wage, starting date
Budget sheet showing expected income, outgoings, and savings next 6 months
Husband's CV
My CV

My passport
Husband's passport (or notarized copy; haven't decided yet)
Marriage certificate
2 passport photos of myself

Photocopies of everything except the photos, in the hope of them returning the originals

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
That looks much better.  I don't know if the e-mails are necessary, but if it makes you feel better to include them, it can't hurt.  As for the screenshots, include all of them if you want, but put them all together with a paperclip.  I spent a lot of time putting about 20 pages of e-mail screenshots into separate plastic envelopes, and I've since learned that some assistant at the consulate had to take them all out again and compile them before my app even went to the ECO  ::).  Also, you probably don't need photocopies, all your documents should be returned except the letters.  All mine came back. 

Looks like you're good to go!  When will you be applying?
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• God only knows what i'd be without you
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 10:38:59 PM »
Yay how exciting!

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 03:30:12 AM »
I'm excited too, especially since it's close enough now I can get in super active mode instead of just stressing.  ;D

I'll include just two emails then and I'll make sure to paperclip all of the inbox screenshot printouts together.  And thanks for the not including photocopies tip; that'll save loads on postage.  ;) Would you recommend organizing all of the documents in a binder, or in separate folders, or just groups of paperclips?  I want it to be organized but for everything to be easily accessible.

A few months ago we bought a plane ticket for me to fly to the UK on May 30th, so we're hoping to apply early enough for me to use it. :P  I live in Pennsylvania and we're going to use a courier.  The current plan is to apply online around May 4th, get the biometrics done by May 11, receive the latest bank statements and other documents from my husband by the 11th, mail to the courier and have at the consulate by May 15th, then have two weeks left over for the processing before my flight.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:32:05 AM by willow22 »

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 03:34:40 AM »
I'm excited too, especially since it's close enough now I can get in super active mode instead of just stressing.  ;D

I'll include just two emails then and I'll make sure to paperclip all of the inbox screenshot printouts together.  And thanks for the not including photocopies tip; that'll save loads on postage.  ;) Would you recommend organizing all of the documents in a binder, or in separate folders, or just groups of paperclips?  I want it to be organized but for everything to be easily accessible.

A few months ago we bought a plane ticket for me to fly to the UK on May 30th, so we're hoping to apply early enough for me to use it. :P  I live in Pennsylvania and we're going to use a courier.  The current plan is to apply online around May 4th, get the biometrics done by May 11, receive the latest bank statements and other documents from my husband by the 11th, mail to the courier and have at the consulate by May 15th, then have two weeks left over for the processing before my flight.

Woooo another Pennsylvanian. :) :P
Finally living with my Husband in London after 6 1/2 years together but apart... and loving my life!

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 03:35:03 AM »
I've always heard of people using binders and having dividers for each section--I'll be doing something similar to that. I'll be doing it so the ECO has an easy time sorting through the info, so you may want to sort it in a similar fashion to make their job easier :)
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

• Britannicaine
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 03:51:51 AM »
I've always heard of people using binders and having dividers for each section--I'll be doing something similar to that. I'll be doing it so the ECO has an easy time sorting through the info, so you may want to sort it in a similar fashion to make their job easier :)

Actually, I'd recommend neatly labeled folders. The ECO never sees the binders people use, AND the binders aren't returned.  I used a binder, but if I had it to do over, I definitely wouldn't.   

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 04:06:56 AM »
Actually, I'd recommend neatly labeled folders. The ECO never sees the binders people use, AND the binders aren't returned.  I used a binder, but if I had it to do over, I definitely wouldn't.   

Fair enough, I forgot that things get pulled out and whatnot, so I guess folders could work as well :) Something to think on next time I'm at the store in the office aisle.
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 11:19:34 AM »
I use paperclips.  Keep it simple.

Vicky

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 11:25:48 AM »
I used the post-it flags to show each section of docs type and then a HUGE alligator clip to put it all together.

• Britannicaine
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 11:35:42 AM »
I used the post-it flags to show each section of docs type and then a HUGE alligator clip to put it all together.

I've changed my mind.  If I had it to do over, I'd do this.  Or maybe paperclip the sections together, mark them with post-its, then put everything together with a binder clip.  Anyway, a binder's not necessary. 

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 11:38:17 AM »
I've changed my mind.  If I had it to do over, I'd do this.  Or maybe paperclip the sections together, mark them with post-its, then put everything together with a binder clip.  Anyway, a binder's not necessary. 

I, amazingly, got the clip back when the returned my stuff from the consulate and will use it again if I end up doing my ILR by post.

• Britannicaine
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
I, amazingly, got the clip back when the returned my stuff from the consulate and will use it again if I end up doing my ILR by post.

Good idea! I might follow your lead, if I am ever able to apply for ILR.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »
Fair enough, I forgot that things get pulled out and whatnot, so I guess folders could work as well :) Something to think on next time I'm at the store in the office aisle.

Just adding in that the ECO actually doesn't see the vast bulk of it.  The applicant's bundle is opened by junior staff and the contents are logged into the computer.

It would be total chaos if they had everyone's different kind of folders, binders, and what-not flowing about in the workstream.  Some people put bank statements first, others last, and nobody would know where to look for something.  

There's exceptions for forgeries and 'irregularities', but these are very rare in the fast-track consulates.  

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 12:12:22 PM »
Out of curiosity, how commonplace are forged docs?  I was watching a show about the border agency a few months back, and this guy had forged bank statements (and also didn't know where the money came from, he had like..zero good answers in the interview) and I wondered if they pulled this for drama (as it's TV) or do people regularly try to fake it?

Apologies for the small hijack, was just curious.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab