Fat Fighters
2 (18.2%)
Fitness Matters
1 (9.1%)
Get the Skinny
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: February 13, 2011, 04:14:42 PM

Topic: Healthy and Fit  (Read 83899 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Healthy and Fit
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2004, 06:50:27 PM »
*raises hand*

Is it too late to join?  I'd really like to take some weight off before moving in September.  I've always been heavy, but now that I'm older I'd really like to slim down a bit, if only for health reasons.  Of course, living in New Orleans and working in a coffeehouse full of sweets hasn't been helping!

I too am a bit apprehensive about publicly posting my weight, but I'd be fine with telling one person (a "scorekeeper", if you will).  And a competition sounds like fun!  (well - not in the way drinking beer and eating chocolate cake in front of the TV is fun, but you know what I mean.  ;) )

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2004, 07:03:23 PM »
It will never be too late! Even if we do team stuff, not everyone will want to be part of that and we don't even know for sure yet when it will start. This is still a work in progress. We'll try to have an 'official launch' soon (I'm hoping mid July even if it's just a new thread here) but, again, it will never be too late to join!

Welcome... and hold off on those pastries!  ;)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2004, 09:47:44 AM »
yes, i have sent leah a request for a private board... so that only those who wish to be in the group can view it...  waiting to hear back...will let you all know as soon as I do and we can get moving...LOL, so to speak.

Lisa, your ideas are great...  challenges are always a good help for motivation...
I prefer the tape measuring rather than the weight though... but I have no problem stating how much I have lost in a 2 week period...  one week can prove hard on some, especially where the monthly comes into play...
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2004, 10:00:01 AM »
Yes, Lisa, I have to say that the more I thought about the team competition, the more I liked it. As long as those with really competitive streaks don't take it too far it should be lots of fun. Actually, perhaps challenges is a better word than competition but I am definitley into this idea.

I personally prefer weight over measuring but could probably be persuaded otherwise  ;)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2004, 10:09:33 AM »
Yes, Lisa, I have to say that the more I thought about the team competition, the more I liked it. As long as those with really competitive streaks don't take it too far it should be lots of fun. Actually, perhaps challenges is a better word than competition but I am definitley into this idea.

I personally prefer weight over measuring but could probably be persuaded otherwise  ;)

I do not see why everyone can not post how they wish...either weight, measure or just loss amount...or gain if they feel the need...  everyone has their own comfort zone...and we should not expect or ask anyone to go out of that zone...  it can work...  i mean, even with the challenge as teams....they could give their numbers as like a 2 lb loss...and that would not affect the outcome of which team lost the most.
depths of our soul!

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2004, 10:16:19 AM »
I do not see why everyone can not post how they wish...

I wasn't trying to suggest we shouldn't!  :)

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2004, 10:32:15 AM »

I wasn't trying to suggest we shouldn't!  :)

i know you weren't  ;)  you are my right hand here...  and hope you will be happy to help out...???
depths of our soul!

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2004, 11:00:32 AM »
Of course!!!  ;D

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2004, 09:26:33 AM »
Okay, if we do the team stuff, I wanna be on the "Shrinkie Dinks"  ;D
Is that shirts or skins?
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2004, 09:30:31 AM »
Okay, if we do the team stuff, I wanna be on the "Shrinkie Dinks"  ;D
Is that shirts or skins?

ROFL...  I guess we have one team name now...
depths of our soul!

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2004, 03:48:30 PM »
Shrinkie Dinks is a GREAT name!!!
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2004, 04:27:12 PM »
ROFL!!!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2004, 05:43:12 PM »
better than dinks that shrink!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2004, 09:54:22 AM »
Lost 2 pounds!!!  :D

OK, no idea how... seriously. I've not been to the gym this week and had a huge lunch yesterday. I have been trying to cut out snacking pretty successfully, but am a bit shocked by the scales today. I'm afraid I'll check again tomorrow and it will all be back again...  :-[

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2004, 06:20:54 AM »
Okay, balmerhon's on my team.  ;D
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab