Fat Fighters
2 (18.2%)
Fitness Matters
1 (9.1%)
Get the Skinny
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: February 13, 2011, 04:14:42 PM

Topic: Healthy and Fit  (Read 83909 times)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: Healthy and Fit
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2004, 11:12:10 AM »
Slightly off topic - my late MIL had friends who owned a B&B in Arrochar!

I can't remember what the one we stayed at was called (terrible considering the event!) but we have a leaflet for it in our piles of keepsakes somewhere!

And now, back to the topic!!

I lost 2 more pounds!! Whoo hoo! Once again, not sure how, but am not complaining. I'm really trying to make a much more concentrated effort starting this week to always make wise food choices. I have a dress fitting in early Sept that I NEED to have made some progress for! :P
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2004, 04:49:38 PM »

I lost 2 more pounds!!
CONGRATS!!!!!

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2004, 05:00:26 PM »
I lost 2 more pounds!! Whoo hoo! Once again, not sure how, but am not complaining. I'm really trying to make a much more concentrated effort starting this week to always make wise food choices. I have a dress fitting in early Sept that I NEED to have made some progress for! :P

Ah yes, the fabulous wedding diet ;D  I think it had a lot to do with me losing 20 lbs, but I am so much into losing some more and keeping it off now, so I am happy about that!  If only I could get married every few months, I'd look great!!!!

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2004, 06:59:38 PM »
Congrats everyone on your weight losses! 

I am trying to do the SB diet, but starting to waver. I haven't been exercising like I should, but maybe once I move I'll be more active. At least until I get a car! LOL

PS. Balmerhon-their B&B is called "Seabank"

• Liked: 1
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2004, 07:14:42 PM »
I will offer free work outs to anyone who wants them.... come help me renovate my 1888 home!  ;D  I have never been soooooooooooo sore!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2004, 08:59:13 AM »
I will offer free work outs to anyone who wants them.... come help me renovate my 1888 home!  ;D  I have never been soooooooooooo sore!

if I were closer to ya hon...I would have taken up this offer...mostly for something to occupy my time... and i love doing renovating tings
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2004, 12:05:13 PM »
I am really struggling to control my eating. Sometimes I am successful. I'm finding that late afternoon is a really hard time for me...and then again at night, which is a new problem! I'm still exercising five days a week though, so atleast I'm not gaining.

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2004, 01:01:07 PM »
I have the opposite problem Geally!  I HATE to exercise!!!!  Hate it!  But I am going to go for a walk with a friend this afternoon and we plan on doing it at least four nights a week.  My sister goes to the gym everyday, I don't know how we are related!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2004, 08:12:07 PM »
Stacy...walking is one of the best exercises there is...so enjoy! That is what I love so much about the UK...I walk much more during everyday activities than I do here, plus, weekend "hiking" is a great way to get non-exercise activity in (if ya know what I'm saying!) The countryside is just so beautiful that it isn't even a chore to get out into the fresh air and move around! Well, I do go to the gym 5 days a week, but mostly for cardio now. I have lost my enthusiasm for the cybex machines. It is hard for me to get away from the twins too (I rely on my teenagers, I still have two of them at home, but I don't like to "use" them) so sometimes I am on the eliptical trainer for only 30-35 minutes and that is that...better than nothing I expect...I do burn 400 calories during that session, atleast according to the machine.

For hunger at night, Geally, what always worked for me is 1.  Drinking more water or diet iced tea when you just can't get another drop of water into your body; 2.  Sugar free jello and 3. Apples.  I love apples. 
That is what baffles me, I drink lots and lots of water during the day (and some Crystal Lite Raspberry tea too!) and lately I have still been very bloated...my ring has become very tight and sometimes itches underneath. I haven't tried the jello...maybe I should. It isn't the sweets I crave...it is the carbs! (pretzles are a favorite.) I know I am eating at night because I miss my honey. So I eat while watching tv etc. I suppose if I tried the jello I would get so sick of the sweetness that maybe it would cure me from mindlessly shoveling in the food?! As far as apples, I do like them and eat one every day or too, just not a lot. One thing I found with apples is that they actually make me feel hungrier as they seem to stimulate my digestive juices or something...maybe it is all in my head?!

I'm off to get some jello for tonight though...big tv night with The Amazing Race on! (I'm not normally a tv watcher, so I know how "depressed" I have become!)

Thanks for your comments! Maybe I should just type on here instead of eating?! Actually I noticed that my "total time logged in" is almost at one full day! (And I don't leave UKY running when I'm not here reading or replying.)

Take care, geally

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2004, 11:15:03 AM »
Diet?  What freaking diet.  I'm away from my hubby for a week and eating what the school cooks.  :( 

On the plus side, I'm walking miiiiiles.

Diet after I return...the day after I have nachos made by hubby and lots of drinks.  :P
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2004, 01:37:57 PM »
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm at my lowest weight since giving birth! I am FINALLY out of the 150's and into the 140's (much better than when I gave birth at 185 pounds!)... and so I've only got 25 to go instead of the 30 I never thought would end!!!!!!

It feels So. Good. to feel like a non-pregnant thing again! My belly flab is slowly firming up, I'm really enjoying doing my Cindy Crawford every morning, my low-carb is going GREAT (had some fantastic stuff from Waitrose last night - big fat sausages with red pepper slices on it, wrapped in bacon - all with loads of cabbage and garlicky beans! YUM!) - - - and wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm doing it!!!!!!!!
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2004, 05:08:39 AM »
Congrats Marlespo!  Keep up the good work!

I need to keep reminding myself to keep checking this thread for inspiriation....perhaps if I'd read through it a few hours ago I would have gone to the gym (as I'd planned) instead of laying on my bed watching "Legally Blond" and eating (low-fat!) ice cream for dinner!

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2004, 08:37:09 AM »
Way to go Marlespo!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2004, 09:21:07 AM »
excellent marlespo... you will get there in no time
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2004, 09:57:44 AM »
I can't say that I don't like to exercise, I just hate the anticipation of it (if that makes any sense). 

...... to run on the treadmill, it's total "dance" music. 

Makes a lot of sense KC.  I hate working out, thinking about it but once I'm there sweating I love it.  I have a trainer who I work out w/twice a week (he's a former Royal Marine) the man is HUGE!!  And kicks my butt each time.  Especially love the pain two days after.  If my muscles don't ache I don't feel I've got a good work out.   Warped, I know.  ::)

I hear you.  I put my techno on and end up being on it for an cool hour.

Last year before my wedding I kicked some major a$$.  (I went above and beyond my goal even had some boudouir pics  :-X done as a wedding gift for my husband by our photographer.)  And now of course being there's not really a summer here my ambition gets clouded 'cause I'm not prancing around in skimpy clothes as I would in NY!!  Always working on my goal and probably will be my entire life...   ::)
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

Sponsored Links