Fat Fighters
2 (18.2%)
Fitness Matters
1 (9.1%)
Get the Skinny
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: February 13, 2011, 04:14:42 PM

Topic: Healthy and Fit  (Read 84009 times)

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
Re: Healthy and Fit
« Reply #975 on: February 23, 2011, 08:51:13 PM »
How is the Wii? Or have you bought it yet?

Just ordered it tonight!  So hopefully it'll be here at/around the weekend.  :)

On another note... Jenn Bean and I have decided to do the 5k Race for Life in Durham this year on 3rd July. I'm really looking forward to it!

Sounds good (once you get to feeling better).  Are you going to do one of those Couch to 5K training programs then?
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #976 on: February 24, 2011, 09:26:01 AM »
Just ordered it tonight!  So hopefully it'll be here at/around the weekend.  :)

Sounds good (once you get to feeling better).  Are you going to do one of those Couch to 5K training programs then?

Yay!

Yes, I suppose I should do one of those programs. I hadn't thought of that, like.  :P Jenn just texted me to say she was very drunk when she agreed to do this with me the other night, but apparently she is still in. What are we like?!  ;D

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #977 on: February 24, 2011, 06:50:36 PM »
Yes, I suppose I should do one of those programs. I hadn't thought of that, like.  :P Jenn just texted me to say she was very drunk when she agreed to do this with me the other night, but apparently she is still in. What are we like?!

Hee hee!  I wonder.  That's right about the time I'm going to be celebrating the 4th of July...but the two of you will be being so healthy - you'll put me to shame.  :P
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• Jewlz

« Reply #978 on: February 24, 2011, 07:12:25 PM »
Hee hee!  I wonder.  That's right about the time I'm going to be celebrating the 4th of July...but the two of you will be being so healthy - you'll put me to shame.  :P

Oh, Miss Chilly Willy would never miss having a Fourth of July celebration of some kind... I'm sure we will do something afterwards, or maybe the day before.  :)

« Reply #979 on: February 24, 2011, 10:37:18 PM »
I'm doing couch to 5K, it's alright! If you have an iphone the "get running" ap is great for it as you can wear it whilst jogging and it tells you when to run/walk/jog etc :)

• Jewlz

« Reply #980 on: February 24, 2011, 10:45:33 PM »
I'm doing couch to 5K, it's alright! If you have an iphone the "get running" ap is great for it as you can wear it whilst jogging and it tells you when to run/walk/jog etc :)

I'm an Apple lover, but I've got an Android.  :-\\\\ Maybe there is a similar app for my phone?

« Reply #981 on: February 24, 2011, 11:02:03 PM »
I'm an Apple lover, but I've got an Android.  :-\\\\ Maybe there is a similar app for my phone?

of course :)
http://sites.google.com/site/c25kapp/

• Liked: 2
« Reply #982 on: February 25, 2011, 09:30:03 AM »
Yes I am still in! I needed that drink on Tuesday maybe not the whole bottle but it has been a rough week...dont worry I paid for it....AKA large red wine stain on our bedroom carpet (eyeroll).
I think I talked my friend Deb into it too and maybe I can grab Anne ;-)
Maybe we will have our big back yard and house then - we could do a bomb digity BBQ and sleep over!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #983 on: February 27, 2011, 11:57:44 PM »
Yes I am still in! I needed that drink on Tuesday maybe not the whole bottle but it has been a rough week...dont worry I paid for it....AKA large red wine stain on our bedroom carpet (eyeroll).
Maybe we will have our big back yard and house then - we could do a bomb digity BBQ and sleep over!

There's a chance I can join y'all as well.  But, only if I'm promised 4th of July festivities.  ;)
"It’s life. You don’t figure it out. You just climb up on the beast and ride." - Rebecca Wells

• Jewlz

« Reply #984 on: February 28, 2011, 07:22:51 AM »

Yay! Sounds great. The exercise can counteract all the eating and drinking.  ;)

« Reply #985 on: February 28, 2011, 05:32:25 PM »
4th of july is a monday and dh is at work BUT I am sure we can do a little something something! Saturday to Sunday?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #986 on: February 28, 2011, 09:18:06 PM »
I gained 1.5 pounds while I was in London.  I guess it could be worse.  I did play with the Wii fit a bit and I went to a really lovely gym in Cambridge a few times.  They were offering a free trial. 

I did find one thing to be rather odd.  I tried to see if I could just do pay as you go at the local place were df lives.  They told me that it would be £22 to learn how to use the equipment and then £10 a go after that if I didn’t want to sign a contract.  The girl at the front desk then went off on a safety tangent.  However, I could pay to use the pool as much as I wanted.  I used a treadmill 6 days a week at home and I don’t know how to swim at all.  How is that safe?

« Reply #987 on: February 28, 2011, 11:41:54 PM »
I saw this on Yahoo an I thought it might be useful to some people. I was one of those women who hardly did any weights an was barely losing any weight. but once my trainer seriously up my weights an after a while I started losing weight not alot easier but quicker than I was then when I wasn't hardly doing any weights. ;)  :)  I seriously think that's what helped me lose the 6 stone/84lbs I lost in 14 months. I'm not one for having big muscles either my trainer knows that she knows I'm just trying to lose weight & tone up. so here is the link I found I hope its useful to some of you. ;)  :)

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/fitness/4-things-women-should-be-doing-their-fitness-training-arent

• Jewlz

« Reply #988 on: March 01, 2011, 10:04:24 AM »
4th of july is a monday and dh is at work BUT I am sure we can do a little something something! Saturday to Sunday?

Sounds good, just email me and let me know what you think. I will have to work Monday for sure, as I'm off for summer from 22 July.  :)

• Jewlz

« Reply #989 on: March 01, 2011, 10:08:39 AM »
I saw this on Yahoo an I thought it might be useful to some people. I was one of those women who hardly did any weights an was barely losing any weight. but once my trainer seriously up my weights an after a while I started losing weight not alot easier but quicker than I was then when I wasn't hardly doing any weights. ;)  :)  I seriously think that's what helped me lose the 6 stone/84lbs I lost in 14 months. I'm not one for having big muscles either my trainer knows that she knows I'm just trying to lose weight & tone up. so here is the link I found I hope its useful to some of you. ;)  :)

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/fitness/4-things-women-should-be-doing-their-fitness-training-arent

Thanks for the article link, Shugga... that's good to know. I would actually much rather lift weights than do cardio.... yuck!  :P

Sponsored Links