Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: PETS HELP ASAP!  (Read 2843 times)

• Liked: 1
PETS HELP ASAP!
« on: June 24, 2004, 05:36:35 PM »
Okay... the certificate for tick and tapeworm says to treat them with a USA recognized tick regime.

So does Frontline/Advantage count?  I know you can't use a collar or anything like that, but my vet and I were wondering what others have used.

Thanks!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: PETS HELP ASAP!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 06:14:39 PM »
Now I'm no expert in the PETS program, but why wouldn't Frontline be OK? It's used massively over here... we just started our girlies on it.  :)
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 06:18:11 PM »
No idea but I am so stressed I just want to make sure!!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 08:10:09 PM »
Tell your vet to refer specifically to the Defra Information Sheet for Vets so they know specifically which medication to use and not use. This can not be done by yourself, it has to be done through your vet and certified by him/her.

My dog did have Frontline plus for ticks and Dronset for tapeworm. I just referred to my sheet.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 08:13:37 PM by cal63 »

• Why a duck?
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 10:34:49 PM »
Yes, Frontline is fine.  My vet put it on Spucky.  He's now chasing moths and baby shrews in Scotland.
When I find a funnier sig than twistedncynical's, it will be here.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 12:38:42 AM »
Done and dusted... well almost...

he actually found it too and rang me....

So frontline it is!

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 09:43:01 PM »
Update... my vet put Frontline which was fine... unfortunately he used Cestex for tapeworms... and they were denied at ARC so... they are stuck there for 24 hours and we had to pay the UK vet to come out and do it....
 ::)

Sponsored Links