Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: rant: you dont know someone until.....  (Read 3063 times)

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
Re: rant: you dont know someone until.....
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
Haha... I laughed at some of the stories and comments on here. Geez, Navie, that girl really does sound awful... lol. My friend who came to visit is definitely loud, opinionated, and stands out wherever she goes, yet, she had half the pub buying her drinks and chatting her up when she came to visit, and then I sit there (usually) quietly sipping my pint and trying not to draw attention to myself and have met so few people since I've lived here. Of course, being obnoxious in the pub is certainly more acceptable than being obnoxious on the bus, but you know what I mean. Maybe it isn't always a bad thing to express yourself so openly, and disregard what everyone else thinks about it.  :) The locals around here certainly do that, so I guess it would be ok if I did, rather than avoiding it because I have an American accent. (It's often been pointed out to me that everyone in the UK has a different accent, and that mine is actually easier for some British people to understand than the local accent here... lol.)
I do think it's funny that sometimes I start talking really loudly for no reason, and DH has to remind me to lower my voice... LOL. Oh well, I guess some old habits die hard.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab