Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need Help *Death*  (Read 1448 times)

Re: Need Help *Death*
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 07:17:58 AM »
Quick glancing at your bank stuff in my non pro opinion I think you'll be OK, the minimum is 3 months worth of statements.

Don't know about the passport thing, but as long as you have his long form birth cert & he was born before 1983 you should be fine. But he should really look into getting a passport at some point as you'll probably need it for future visa applications.

I'd forget about the loan as it's not in repayment at this time and it would just muddle the waters. I'd just put in my paystubs and let them go from there. Most likely things will just get pulled out and set aside for processing by the ECO and most likely wouldn't be looked at anyway. However if it eases your mind include it. Better to send more than needed than wonder if you should have sent it, peace of mind is priceless in this process.

Safe journey to you and keep us updated! Applying from the US does offer a bit of wiggle room and hopefully all will work out for you.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 01:08:36 AM »
But he should really look into getting a passport at some point as you'll probably need it for future visa applications.

Why does the sponsor need a passport? A passport just goes to prove citizenship which a birth certificate should do handily. Is there a particular reason he'd need a passport and not be able to use his birth certificate for any kind of visa?

I mean obviously its good to have a passport, especially when married to someone from out of country... who knows when you need it but I thought it wasn't necessary.

(DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT AN EXPERT! :) )

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 01:33:19 AM »
Nice call, julia.  Spot on too.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 07:08:21 AM »
Why does the sponsor need a passport? A passport just goes to prove citizenship which a birth certificate should do handily. Is there a particular reason he'd need a passport and not be able to use his birth certificate for any kind of visa?

I mean obviously its good to have a passport, especially when married to someone from out of country... who knows when you need it but I thought it wasn't necessary.

Assuming his birth certificate is British, otherwise he'll need the passport or certificate of registration/naturalisation.

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 10:01:24 AM »

I'm talking later down the line, not right at this moment. It's just that a few people when they have gone to apply for subsequent visas in country have been told to submit their sponsors passport even in the case of it being WAY expired: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=54347.msg776472#msg776472. Plus, if they're ever going to go visit family in the US he'll need one anyway...I never said it was a requirement.

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 03:32:37 PM »
Thanks everyone. I am here in Phoenix now and my son knows of his father's passing - which was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

My husband had all plans to get his passport and we had even gone through the trouble of bringing the form with us to our reception so one of his family friends who is a teacher could sign off on it for him (because his other one is lost) and we were planning a honeymoon in Turkey. But at this point I would rather not rush around trying to get 2 emergency passports (I need one for my son as his father had his passport canceled and a bar put on getting a new one when I left the country - my ex husband was a very unreasonable man when he wanted to be and we had recently put down a deposit with an attorney to fight in court to compel visitation in England).

Anyhow - will we need to know the old passport number? We don't have it and would have no idea how to get it.

So, I should just ignore the fact that we had a loan put into my husband's bank account back in early June and just include the loan repayment amount in my budget? (I would feel better including the payment amount since technically we wouldn't have that money in savings if we didn't have out the loan). 

Also...if anyone has an answer to this one:
I was previously on an NT tax code (long story about how I qualified for it) but now that I am married I will have taxes taken out of my cheques. But all my paystubs show the higher amounts and no taxes (except NI tax) taken out. When I did the budget, I printed off a statement from HMRC about what my pay would be after taxes on a 603L tax code. Will this be OK? Our budget does not rely on the higher amount I used to receive.  Should I just give a cover letter explaining that I am changing tax codes and then give a copy of the print out from HMRC?

Thanks again for everyone's help, it is much appreciated.

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 07:36:44 AM »
Jayen, I wish I had answers to your visa questions but I just want to convey my sympathy again for you and your son. I can't imagine the conversation you recently had and just trying to think about it makes me well up and, well i can't even explain it. I don't know how long you've been apart and what your relationship is like but I hope that you guys can lean on each other to get through this.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab