Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Double Check  (Read 508 times)

• Liked: 0
Double Check
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:30:28 PM »
I have finally got all my husbands paperwork around to apply for the visa. Can you please tell me if there is anything else I should make sure I send?

I have my passports, divorce papers, marriage license, some pictures , emails , my criminal history ( dui 5 yrs ago)  also includes some very old speeding tickets. All my husbands income  and accomadation papers, his passport copy notorized, his tax papers and support letter.

Can anyone think of anything else?

Thank you.

• Liked: 1
Re: Double Check
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
Do you have anything re: your own income?  Do you plan to work when you arrive in the UK?  How about your husband's proof of employment?

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 07:42:40 PM »
He is self employed. And has sent me all documents for that. I plan to take over running the US business he owns when I arrive there. Which he has stated in his support letter.

Anything else at all I could be missing?

Do I get in touch with an expiditor first and set up for them take my documents to the entry clearence office now, or should I wait until I have applied officially online?

Thank you.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »
Have you included a budget?  This is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

You will not have all the documents necessary until after you have applied online since you wont know when your biometrics appt is until after you apply. So wait until you have the date of your appointment, then contact the expeditor and let him/her know when you will be sending your docs on a certain date (just a heads up)  Then you will attend your biometrics appointment and you can send your stuff to the expeditor immediately after.

And just for clarification, your documents are taken to the Consulate, not the Entry Clearance Office.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:03:46 PM »
Oh I see ok. Thank you.

When you say budget, what do you mean. Like our living budget once I am there?

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 06:18:50 AM »
Yes, the ECOs like to see proof that you will be able to support yourself without need for public funds, and this is best shown in the form of a monthly budget.  They are looking to see that you have the "magic number" of 100.95/week left over after necessary expenses.  Are you familiar with these maintenance requirements?

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
No Sorry I am not familiar with them. But appreciate any info you can provide.

Thank you.

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 05:27:50 PM »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 05:32:13 PM by WebyJ »

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 07:59:47 PM »
M&A Requirements: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/maintenanceaccommodation#18177479

Spousal Visa Requirements: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/settlement/spouses

Sample Budgets can be found here: http://englishrosedesign.com/uky/.

I was just reading this thread, and have a question about budgets. I was looking at the BudgetA example, and noticed that a lot of those categories are not what I would consider necessary. IMHO, 'necessary' expenses are mortgage/rent, housing costs, transportation and food. All others, such as CDs, books, gym membership, life insurance, clothing, movie rental, magazines, dates, allowances, etc are not true necessities at all. Are they expecting to see all of these kinds of categories in a budget?

• Liked: 35
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 10:45:07 PM »
In looking at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/maintenanceaccommodation#18177479:

MAA8 says that "If members of the couple’s families in the UK offer to maintain the couple adequately until they can do so from their own resources, such an arrangement would not satisfy the Rules".

MAA12 says "the ownership of the property and/or the duration of a lease; ... It is acceptable for a couple to live in an existing household, e.g. that of a parent, uncle, aunt, sibling or friend, as long as they have at least a bedroom for their exclusive use."

So does this mean that it is OK to live temporarily with a parent as long as there is a lease in place (paying a fair rate) and at least a bedroom for exclusive use?

This would be handy for us while we find a place to rent and furnish it.

Andy

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 09:40:10 AM »

So does this mean that it is OK to live temporarily with a parent as long as there is a lease in place (paying a fair rate) and at least a bedroom for exclusive use?

As long as it meets the rules regarding overcrowding. The page that you cited has a table at the bottom with discription of what constitues a 'room' and the number of people allowed.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab