Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa 50 days wait in LA  (Read 347 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiance Visa 50 days wait in LA
« on: August 05, 2009, 08:31:09 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with the LA Consulate? I submitted my fiance visa and two visas for my children to come with me in mid May. It has been fifty working days since they opened my supporting documents. I am wondering if this is a normal time frame for the the LA Consulate? I am also wondering if there is anyone I can contact to get some information on our visa status? We were hoping to be in the UK in time to register the children for the new school year.

*We have accomodations, financial stability, a notorized letter from the children's father saying they can go, and all other proof and documents needed.

Thank you in advance for any insight you might have, NH

Re: Fiance Visa 50 days wait in LA
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »
Currently LA has been taking 45-60 working days...you have a bit longer before I'd start worrying.

There is no one you can contact that will give you a status update, however a nicely worded fax or Email to the Entry Clearance Manager at LA might get you somewhere...

complaintslavisa@fco.gov.uk or Main Fax: (310) 481-2960

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:23:47 PM »
I would give it another week or so. Without a courier LA processing times can be quite long. A friend just got hers back from the LA Consulate on day 59!
Met fiance:2005
Married: June 2009
Moved to Scotland: July 2009

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 02:35:52 AM »
 ;D Sent an email yesterday morning and had our visa approval email by 3pm! Thanks so much for the help WebyJ

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 09:25:04 AM »
;D Sent an email yesterday morning and had our visa approval email by 3pm! Thanks so much for the help WebyJ

You are most welcome...glad to have helped  :)

Sponsored Links