Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visitors visa and not the "norm" circumstances  (Read 954 times)

Re: Visitors visa and not the "norm" circumstances
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »
Garry, if they change it to a 6 month flat rule, would that mean as long as you left in between it wouldn't matter how long you stayed out between visits? Wouldn't that give more people a way to work around the rules?

Correct.  Under the proposed guidance somebody could channel hop forever.  At face value, it seems to be a weakness in the system, but it's really not. 

It's enforceable and with all the other stuff like biometrics, id cards, and employer registers, the old spent leave guidance has been obviated.  And nobody understood it anyway. 

• Banned

• Becca Jane St Clair
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »
Correct.  Under the proposed guidance somebody could channel hop forever.  At face value, it seems to be a weakness in the system, but it's really not. 

Really? okay.  I was thinking it would turn out to be a weakness, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens. 

Do you think the multiple entry visitor visas would also change?
http://blog.beccajanestclair.com

Met Tim Online: 2004 ~ Met IRL in the US: 6/2005
Engaged: 23/09/2009 ~ Married:  05/11/2009
Biometrics Submitted: 28/12/2009 ~ Spousal Visa Application Submitted: 12/31/2009
Spousal Visa Issued: 31/12/2009 ~ Move Date: 21/1/2010

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 05:04:25 PM »
Do you think the multiple entry visitor visas would also change?

I do not think so.  There was a consultation on this in 2006 which resulted in them cancelling the idea; and I have since then raised the topic in meetings with them and they do not foresee changes.  Were any sort of changes in this envisioned we would be informed well in advance.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab