Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Needing some reassurance about my Fiance visa application  (Read 294 times)

• Liked: 0
Needing some reassurance about my Fiance visa application
« on: August 06, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »
I have just posted on a recent thread where I discovered that the visa processing time without an expediter is much longer than I had anticipated (at least for the LA consulate) and now rather than feeling nervous about whether or not I will have my visa in time to make my August 20th travel date, I find that I am nervous about whether or not my application will be approved (probably like many others awaiting a fiance visa).

My fiancee is in the British Army and he currently earns about 24,000 GBP per year, most of which is disposable. He has written in his letter that he will fully support me and I included my own finances/savings which at the time of sending the application were low because I had just sold my car but had not recieved the check, and I had just payed for my visa ($948.00) which depleted a good chunk of funds. I included the contract which said that I would be getting $2700 for my car, etc. I also have over 700 pounds saved in my british account, which I included in the application. But do you think we are okay on the finances front? I do actually have all the money now (just didn't have it in time to send in the application)

Also, since my fiancee currently lives in the Barracks, his family agreed to let me stay with them while he remains in the barracks until he and I can get our own place in December. I explained this in the application and I included all the documents for their house, with the letter saying that I am free to stay there without having to pay. Would this indicate the help of a third party and therefore be bad that I will not be paying rent?

Also, I included e-mails, phone bills and letters, but should I have included pictures?

I know personally that money is not an issue for us, and that I won't be dependent on any public funds or anything, but I'm wondering if I did an okay job at representing this? What does it take for a visa to get rejected or accepted?

Also, in a couple of weeks I have to move out of my current house and wasn't anticipating such a long wait for my visa, so how would I go about asking them to send the visa to a different address?
sep. 07 - year abroad in UK
jan 08- met british boyfriend
august 08- back in US/ boyfriend still in UK
may 09- propsal!
june 09 - visa app and biometrics
july 09 - application submitted
october 09 - APPLICATION APPROVED!!!

• Liked: 1
Re: Needing some reassurance about my Fiance visa application
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:03:10 PM »
You are right about third party support - you have to show that you CAN pay your fiance's parents some money for rent.  The letter that they write should say that you will be paying them at least a minimal amount (maybe 200GBP per month)  Whether they actually take your money is between you and them.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:08:18 PM »
You are right about third party support - you have to show that you CAN pay your fiance's parents some money for rent.  The letter that they write should say that you will be paying them at least a minimal amount (maybe 200GBP per month)  Whether they actually take your money is between you and them.

That is what is technically known as lying and I would not recommend that unless you want to leave yourself open to a whole lot of trouble.  If you say you're paying them rent, you'd better actually be paying it and keep evidence of the payments.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:11:38 PM »
My apologies - I have read this other places and thought you simply had to prove your ability to pay not that you actually had to do it. 

Disregard this, caafe.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:13:02 PM »
Do you think this would cause a significant issue?
sep. 07 - year abroad in UK
jan 08- met british boyfriend
august 08- back in US/ boyfriend still in UK
may 09- propsal!
june 09 - visa app and biometrics
july 09 - application submitted
october 09 - APPLICATION APPROVED!!!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 11:17:14 PM »
sorry, I think mirrajay and I may be talking at cross purposes, I have not checked what the actual requirement is, I am just saying, don't lie and say you are paying rent if you're not. if all that is required is evidence that you have the means to support yourself, then your savings/husband's income should be sufficient for that, no need to say you're actually paying rent. Lying on the application could cause all kinds of problems down the track.

Sponsored Links