Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Accommodation Questions  (Read 278 times)

• Heart...Captured
  • Liked: 1
Accommodation Questions
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:22:47 PM »
My husband and I will be staying with one of his family members when I move to the UK.  It's a long story, but he owns his house, the deed is in possession of his lawyers, he is in the process of firing his lawyers and hiring new ones so the current ones are making everything difficult for him right now, etc.  Basically, is there any type of documentation pertaining to the house (aside from the deed) that would be acceptable for the visa application?  He never had a mortgage because he paid for the house right out.  He has gathered all the documents he has in his possession that pertain to the house so we're trying to see if there is some alternative that would be acceptable.  If not, is there somewhere that he can request a copy of the deed (besides the lawyers)?

Re: Accommodation Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:43:53 AM »
He may be able to get something from the Land Registry website that states the ownership of the premises. There is a fee of £4 (I believe) to download this information: http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search. He will also need to provide a letter for you regarding the property, number of people living in the residence and perhaps the information as to why there is no mortgage or deed papers as available proof.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab