Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How much funds required for FLR(M) application  (Read 1513 times)

• Liked: 0
How much funds required for FLR(M) application
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:08:34 AM »
I am a uk citizen  and my wife was on student visa. She applied for FLR(M) in January 2009. My wife was divorced with a 2 year old daughter from her last husband and after our marriage was pregnant when application was made. Now we have a son. I have been in UK for 19 years and during this time I have not claimed for any kind of Benefits or Public Funds. Currently I am self-employed for about 1 year.

Following documents were provided regarding maintenance when the application was made

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REGARDING FUNDS AND MAINTAINANCE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
•   my wife’s 4 months statement were provided. Bank account was had an ending balance of £4500 in the last 4 months. The balance remained 3000+ in each calendar month. The money that was depositing into my wife’s account was from my wife's elder brother who is United States. --- A covering letter was put in the FLR(M) application stating that My wife do not need any financial support from her brother, as I (husband) is already supporting her in every manner, but he (brother) still feels that it’s his moral responsibility to support his sister by sending her sister money regularly. Most of the money in my wife's bank account is the money sent by his brother which my wife DID NOT use, which showed in the last 4 months statement.

•   I being the husband and sponsor provided my 4 months bank statements (but the ending balance were in overdraft but the amount of money coming in and out are approx £8000 per month as I was self-employed)

•   My 2 owned house property papers (both mortgaged)
o   We are living in 1 property
o   2nd property buy-to-let

After 6 months we received a letter from HO requesting
1-   Birth certificates of both children
2-   Business INCOME TAX AND NI RETURNS and business AUDITED accounts.
3-   Child tax credits and working tax credits

1-   Birth certificates were provided for both children
2-   As it was my 1st year as a self-employed I could only able to sent business accounts prepared by the accountant (non-audited accounts) which were submitted to HMRC. My net income at the year ended was £13,698 + income from other sources (buy-to-let property) was £1,061 which doesnot include the payment of my mortgage of the house i am living in
3-   We have not applied for any child tax credit for any of children so a covering letter was put in stating this.

Its been 2 months since further documents were provided and total 8 months since the FLR(M) initial application was made. The application is still in process

QUESTION
Is the documents supplied above sufficient to clear the financial portion of my wife’s FLR(M) application.? I am so much worried  :\\\'(
Please can anyone advise on this? :\\\'(

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab