Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Got a job, I'm not even there yet...and i can't get thru for my fone interview  (Read 1329 times)

• child is a precious miracle
  • Liked: 0
 :(Well I had my fiance start the job hunt for me, as I will go stir crazy if I don't work. Through a friend of a friend, we found a place that needed people in the area of work I specialize in, they took my CV and wanted me instantly.....only hang up is..they want me to call them, and every time I do, I get a voicemail, and noone ever returns calls...getting frustrated, because I NEED that letter stating they want to employ me for my visa...URGH...
When this is over, the job hunt, the move, everything, i'm gonna have a fortnights lie in...(see? I can talk the british talk ;) )
Wife to Karl, mother of 3
back in the USA to stay
http://mathews.me.uk

• Banned

• English, living in Lewes, East Sussex
    • Pagination Associates
Just a thought, Acchhoo - are you allowing for the time difference when phoning?  I think Michigan may be five hours behind Brit time (???) , so if you phone after your local noon, it is possible there will be nobody in the office over in this time zone.
Deo gratias Anglia redde pro victoria

yeps I've been compensating for the time difference, I called at 8am, (1pm UK time) and still getting voicemail, my fiance suggested to wait until 9am my time, to ensure everyone is off their lunch breaks...so I guess Monday or Tuesday this week i'll try that, if i can't get thru- then, I think I might just try to get a fone card and try calling 9am UK time, from my workplace, because I work midnights, setting an alarm and waking at 4am really isn't an option, so I have to suffice somehow....
The schedule difference really stinks...LOL
back in the USA to stay

• Banned

• Pagination Associates
Ah, I thought you'd probably worked out the time difference, but wanted to make sure!  Another thought:  is the agency e-mailable?

If there is anything I can do, like phone this agency on your behalf, to ask them to phone you, then it would be my pleasure, dear Aacchhoo.

Howard

That is sooo sweet howard thank you very much for the offer!!! If I cannot get thru by Tuesday i will definately give number of the company. They are in Droitwich..and the name if the place is Kitio, but as far as actual names etc I was just told to fone the human resources department  ???  and of course, with the differences in accents, I had a wonderful time understanding the receptionist when called there...LOL
That oughta give a good laugh to some  ;)
Once again thanks a million
back in the USA to stay

• Banned

• Pagination Associates
A pleasure, dear Aacchhoo!  It would be an honour if you kept me on the case.  PM me if I can help.
Howard

Did you ask the friend of a friend to tell them of your problem? 

yes, and then I called again today, and found that they were in an all day training session, and was instructed to call back tomorrow...sooooo, if tomorrow i don't get through, i will keep on trying, but certainly  NOT without screaming first!!! LOL
back in the USA to stay

• Unavailable for Comment.
Good luck on the job, hon. Keep us posted.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

Ok, I finally got through to a real live person in the Human Resources department!!! AND...of course, wouldn't you  know it, after THEM requesting me to call them for a phone interview, the person I get a hold of has never even heard of me, nor has she ever seen my CV  :o
This is getting really insane...LOL
I had my fiance phone up and talk to the same woman I talked to, and she's requested that he turn in my CV, ONCE AGAIN, so they may have a look at it, and then go accordingly with the proper steps....UGH...and here I thought I had it allll together...but then again...that'd be just too easy...  :-[
back in the USA to stay

you know, my DH and I are starting to think it's just the way things move here. 
With the car dealers, the estate agents, the bank, and in his office, we have found that business people don't get right back to you, they never have paperwork handy (we had to restate our contact info several times), and they tend to be 'out of the office' for the day (once even for the week) after they told us they would be there! 
The service professionalism here is DIFFERENT than in the US and definitely slower, but it is still effective!

Good luck, stay patient ;)

Sponsored Links