Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How does the medical work for my daughter/??  (Read 313 times)

• Liked: 0
How does the medical work for my daughter/??
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:20:24 AM »
We are going to be moving to the UK from America husband Uk citizen.  She is disabled would I have to pay for her to see doctors?  Also she has to use catheters.  Would she be allowed to get those and if so would we have to pay? I know it's free for citizens but seeing as we won't be this is something I'm curious about
Met on line March 2000
Met in person July 2000
Visited back and forth for 7 years
Married July 2007

Re: How does the medical work for my daughter/??
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 03:13:34 AM »
I also need to ask a question about passports.  I have had mine since 2002 but lost it so I'm applying for a renewal.  But my daughter has never had a passport and just applied for hers last Friday.  I just saw on a courier website that it says passport has to be valid for 6 months.  After receiving my daughters passport do I have to wait 6 months before I apply for the visa?
Met on line March 2000
Met in person July 2000
Married July 2007

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 03:27:43 AM »
As a dependant of a UK citizen (as you and your daughter would be) you're entitled to NHS treatment. Just register with a GP when you arrive in country.

The 6 months guideline is for the minimum amount of time that must be REMAINING on your passport (Adult passports are issued for 10 years, child passports are usually issued for 5 years depending on the age of the child), not how you have to physically have them before you can apply.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 03:32:45 AM »
Ahh thank you Weby
You guys have helped me out so much so far.  I would have been going crazy without all of the great wisdom here. And hearing stories from people that are going throught the same thing I'm going through is wonderful and gives me hope.  Thanks again ;D
Met on line March 2000
Met in person July 2000
Married July 2007

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 09:39:02 AM »
Child's passport? Are you talking about her US passport or her British passport?

Is he the biological father of your daughter? If so, your husband, where was he born? In the UK? Is he the biological father of your daughter?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:21:08 AM by JohnL »
John

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 09:40:39 AM »
pyndi - has your husband adopted your daughter? Might make her eligible for British citizenship.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »
No he hasn't adopted her.  It seems like that might be a huge undertaking and considering we have to pay so much for the visas and moving to the UK We just can't afford that.  She is his step-daughter I was never married to her father and his name isn't on her birth certificate so hopefully I will have no trouble when I apply for the visas
Met on line March 2000
Met in person July 2000
Married July 2007

Sponsored Links