Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: SET (M) question re section 2 - how long has partner lived in the UK  (Read 504 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi,

We're off to Croydon on Friday for my ILR appointment. I have a quick question about section 2 on the form - the how long has my husband lived in the UK question.

He's lived here all his life, except from July 2004 - July 2005 when we worked in Australia. This was outside the time frame of my FLR (M), so is it pertinent to the application? I can't remember what I put on the FLR application.

I keep having very stressful dreams about arriving and forgetting some very crucial document. I can't wait until Friday is over!

Thanks!

• Liked: 0
Re: SET (M) question re section 2 - how long has partner lived in the UK
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:34:37 PM »
I put my husband's birth date in that space...don't know if you'd do anything differently just because he lived in another country for a year, but you could I suppose...
UK resident since 2005, UK citizen as of 2010 due to female British parent.

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 05:59:28 PM »
I did the same (put hubby's birthdate).  Suppose you could make a note of the Australia dates elsewhere.
Maroon Passport Club!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 10:28:40 PM »
I think I wrote "UK citizen since birth" on mine, but it's been three years, so I'm not sure.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 10:31:45 PM »
Heh. The wording of that one throws a lot of people; it's come up before. I think I put "all his life" -- or possibly his birthdate. Either way, not something to sweat.

Now, having a penknife in my pocket when I arrived at Lunar House -- that turned out unexpectedly thorny!

Sponsored Links