Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The wait is unbearable!!!!  (Read 372 times)

• Liked: 0
The wait is unbearable!!!!
« on: August 26, 2009, 06:17:51 PM »
Hi everyone

mailed my spousal application on the 5th of Aug - didnt use a courier
email from UKVisa on 15th saying the recieved it and should take 5/10 business days to process

Today is day 8.........sigh!!!

Hope to hear something soon or I will lose my mind. The wait is killing us both!!

Is there anyway to check status when the expected processing time is up?

Thanks

Re: The wait is unbearable!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »
What Consulate did you send to?

From WorldBridge:

Processing time

**Notice**

WorldBridge Service does not provide status checks on applications submitted in the United States. The British Consulate-General will communicate with applicants via email once the application has been received.

On average, straight forward applications are processed within 14 business days from receipt of application at the UK Border Agency at the British Consulate-General in the United States. This means you should plan to submit your on line application at least 6 weeks in advance of your planned departure. Settlement applications may take up to 12 weeks to process. Processing times are regional averages only. Processing may take longer depending on the individual's application and is subject to seasonal delays.

No refunds will be issued to callers enquiring for status checks.

The UK Border Agency at the British Consulate-General in New York strongly advises that during the months of June to September, when demand is at its peak, that you apply 8 to 10 weeks in advance of your planned departure.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 06:30:49 PM by WebyJ »

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 06:29:51 PM »
NY

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 06:33:37 PM »
Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait. The consulate will not respond to visa status inquiry. If your application has not been opened you may be able to have it retrieved by an expeditor and resubmitted for expedited processing if you're really up against a time limit. If not and you're just the impatient type I'm afraid you're just gonna hafta wait.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 06:54:05 PM »
yeah Ive seen that site about worldbridge. Funny though the more you look the more you see different things and then it is all confusing.

Just looking over the original email they sent upon notifying me that they received it says....

Please note that we are unable to answer status enquiries unless we have exceeded the estimated processing time.  Regards New York Visa Team.

They are almost at the quoted 5/10 business day they stated in the email. So WHERE on earth do I go to find out? Do I reply to that email? Even more confusion then.

Just wish this was over already.....

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 07:02:34 PM »
According to their statistics they process 100% of settlement applications (spousal, fiancee etc) within 60 business days. I've only heard of LA taking this long, New York seems to be a bit quicker.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 12:00:03 PM »
Did you read the e-mail from the NY Consulate carefully?  The similar e-mail I received from the LA Consulate last March upon receiving my spousal settlement application (non-courier) had something similar, but on closer reading it was boilerplate that applied to non-settlement visas.  If this is the case on yours, don't be surprised if it takes more on the order of 15 to 30 working days to process the visa.  (It actually took more than 30 for me -- LA was pretty overloaded at the time.)

Sponsored Links