Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ok, wots the deal with the tiny refridgerators?!?!?!  (Read 6838 times)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: ok, wots the deal with the tiny refridgerators?!?!?!
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2004, 10:38:40 AM »
All bow down and hail the fridge that is LisaEs!

We can start a new sect - a LisaE fridge cult!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2004, 11:09:17 AM »
I wanna see a pic of this fridge.......before I bow down before it..LOL

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2004, 11:11:07 AM »
 ;D

There is one...under the DIY thread I think. Will try to find it...
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2004, 11:44:44 AM »
I want to see it too!!!

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2004, 01:28:14 PM »
Right, it's in a thread for supporting members only so I have taken the liberty of pinching the image and posting it here. As keeper of our object of adoration, I am hoping LisaE does not mind!

All hail!

Edited to add: At the keeper's request, I have changed the pic to one she took herself.

[old attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 08:48:14 AM by balmerhon »

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2004, 01:42:39 PM »
I do like it.........but I'll continue to bow to the one I've got* ;) LOL
(Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!) 

*ONLY because of the ice/water thingy tho *

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/300_122220.html 

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2004, 02:52:55 PM »
y'all are too funny!
BTW, the same fridge comes with icemaker and water thingy...it's just I didn't want it.  ;)
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2004, 08:15:18 PM »
JEALOUS

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2004, 09:06:30 PM »
I want to know if that's the manufacturer's picture, or her actual (immaculate and well-stocked) fridge?! Either way...I'm impressed!

• Liked: 8
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2004, 08:26:45 AM »
I want to know if that's the manufacturer's picture, or her actual (immaculate and well-stocked) fridge?! Either way...I'm impressed!

I'm really hoping it's the manufacturer's pic...but then again, LisaE is known to be a "Monica"...if it's her pic I'm moving back to the US cause there's no way I can compete with that!   ;D

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2004, 05:36:42 PM »
*grin*
I had to shut the doors. My fridge, believe it or not, actually looks quite empty. For a couple months now we've done without normalcy in the kitchen, so our trips for groceries have been for little more than the required staples. Milk, cheese, butter, eggs, veggies...is about it. I think the freezer has one thing, ice cream, in it. Kitchen still not done. *sigh*
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2004, 05:38:49 PM »
Wow.  It's so shiny!

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2004, 05:40:48 PM »
I'm extremely jealous of yours too, GrnEyesnUK!   :)

• NYState_of_Mind
  • FAMILIE, GOD & VADERLAND! Zonder de een heb je niet de anderen!!

• Never forget what it MEANS to be an AMERICAN...
    • Uncover Fahrenheit for what it is
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2004, 06:56:16 PM »
y'all are too funny!
BTW, the same fridge comes with icemaker and water thingy...it's just I didn't want it.  ;)

Oh Lisa can I be your adopted neice!!  Please, pretty please..    Now that's a fridge us Italians can love!!  ;D :)
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last."Forgiveness is up to God. I just hope we hurry up the meeting." 02.08.03, Gen. Schwarzkoph It's the SILENT MAJORITY that COUNTS not the LOUD MINORITY that CONSTANTLY WINES! http://www.leftnuts.com/images/fu_marines1.jpg
www.protestwarrior.com Proud Member of the V.R.W.C.

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2004, 09:11:54 AM »
I had a very hard time getting used to the small fridges. One day I couldnt take it anymore and went to Currys to buy an "American style" fridge. It was expensive but I didnt care. But then I realized the damn thing was way too wide to put into my small kitchen! We would have to rip out cabinets and rearrange the entire kitchen so I just had to get used to my small fridge. I have 4 sons and find myself shopping 3 times a week. Thank goodness they got used to drinking warm pop and juices! lol  Its funny because all the items you buy in the stores are made for small spaces. Just try to find a colossal size jar of mayo or a super size jar of applesauce! I learned to just buy two of everything and store the extra away in a cabinet.

Also about the ice cube trays. Hubby bought me some trays but it was a disaster filling them with water and trying to close the freezer drawer without them dumping out everywhere. I have used the bags but my mom sent me some covered ice cube trays from Tupperware. Theyre great! They have a cover on them with a hole in it. You just fill the tray through the hole and close the little door. I like them also because you can stack them up and you dont have to worry about water spilling everywhere.

Sponsored Links