Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Monterey Jack at Tesco!  (Read 10108 times)

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
Re: Monterey Jack at Tesco!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 11:04:29 AM »
I got some of this the other day and I was surprised that it was sooo mild. I don't remember it being quite like that, but then again I prefer pepper jack. I hope they start selling that!
I've had that before, I think it was just called colby jack. Very nice.

I found pepper jack slices at Morrisons, I think. Disappointing, though. The slices were dry and stuck together, so not creamy. Not as spicy as it should've been, either. I would like to find blocks of pepper jack for cooking Mexican, but the Mexican cheddar you can get at Asda and Sainsburys is nice. And spicy!!!!  ;D

• In Nine Months
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 03:18:34 PM »
I JUST found it at my Tesco too. It has only recently been there, because I looked pretty hard when we first moved here. It's the same stuff you are seeing, from Wales, and it's spelled wrong.

Not too shabby! They have also started selling this kind of cheese called Mexicana. It is a mild orange cheddar with pepper bits in it. I have  been shredding Mexicana and Wales Jack together...makes a tasty tasty nacho!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 09:44:31 AM »
I JUST found it at my Tesco too. It has only recently been there, because I looked pretty hard when we first moved here. It's the same stuff you are seeing, from Wales, and it's spelled wrong.

Not too shabby! They have also started selling this kind of cheese called Mexicana. It is a mild orange cheddar with pepper bits in it. I have  been shredding Mexicana and Wales Jack together...makes a tasty tasty nacho!

Yeah, the Mexican cheddar is nice. I do find I have to mix it with another cheese because it's a bit too spicy for DH if I use too much of it.  :)

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »
I'm sending the in-laws out to the smallish local Tesco this afternoon with Monterey (Monteray) Jack on the grocery list, so I can make chicken enchiladas.  Here's hoping they can locate some!  They usually stroll right by the deli section without so much as a second glance. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

Sponsored Links