Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: KOL books?  (Read 272 times)

• I'm the person the Daily Mail warned you about
  • Liked: 2
KOL books?
« on: September 09, 2009, 07:15:21 PM »
I remember a few mentions that Vicky wanted to get an exchange of the Life in the UK study books going, so that people could just sell/trade them to each other when they had passed.  Did that ever materialize?  Or am I better off just buying a new book etc. from the Stationery Office?
"I don't bother nobody, I'm a real nice guy.  Kinda laid back like a dead fly." --Rappin' Duke

Re: KOL books?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:34:59 PM »
If no one offers you one, you're best off checking your library.  Every one in Westminster has about ten copies, and some even have the fancy ones with the computer CDs.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 08:45:51 PM »
Ive got mine still. Its a bit dusty as its sat in a pile of stuff on the edge of my bench since the day I passed my test. Its yours for the cost of posting it to you if you want it

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 08:47:51 PM »
I'll be done with mine in about 3 months and will gladly post here to pass it on--I don't think I'll ever want to see it again after I pass the test!
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• I'm the person the Daily Mail warned you about
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 07:10:16 AM »
Wierdly, my local library only seems to have two copies.  But I might take you up on that, redneckyank.  I've PM'd you.

I might have left it a little late, as I have to send in my ILR application by early December, but I've been too busy writing my PhD thesis to do anything else.  I'm going to take it sometime in early November, I think.

Thanks for the kind offers.
"I don't bother nobody, I'm a real nice guy.  Kinda laid back like a dead fly." --Rappin' Duke

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 07:19:08 AM »
Wierdly, my local library only seems to have two copies.  But I might take you up on that, redneckyank.  I've PM'd you.

I might have left it a little late, as I have to send in my ILR application by early December, but I've been too busy writing my PhD thesis to do anything else.  I'm going to take it sometime in early November, I think.

Thanks for the kind offers.
Nah, you haven't left it too late.  I have to send my ILR in December, too and only just started studying.  It's memorization intensive, but only 5 smallish chapters to deal with.  You'll be fine, Phd student that you are!  :)
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 08:53:50 AM »
Back at ya with a reply ManderW

Sponsored Links