Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Engaged & So many Visa ?????  (Read 872 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Engaged & So many Visa ?????
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 07:31:06 AM »
What she said, especially about the don't give any more info than asked for - just be honest and concise.  The same goes for the information you carry with you...in all honesty, you may just be asked to show your return ticket.  But, it's always good to carry the extra information with you in case you're asked for it.

If you are fairly sure you're going to go the fiancee visa route after your return from your visit in the UK, it's also a good idea to keep reading here (especially those links that geeta gave you) so you have good knowledge about what the rules are.  When you say you're visiting your fiancee, you will also be able to say, if asked, that you KNOW you must return to the US to get the proper visa to settle.  Again, you may be asked nothing at all, but it's good to be prepared.

MTA:  You might also want to have it fairly fresh in your mind any sight-seeing you plan to do.  Your visit is such a short one that you may not be questioned about your intent, but if you're visiting, it is to be assumed that you might go see some of the tourist sites!

Have a great visit!
UK resident since 2005, UK citizen as of 2010 due to female British parent.

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 03:26:51 PM »
Yes my visit will only be from the 24th (thursday) and leaving on the 28th (monday).  I planned to be totally honest.  I will be purchasing a round trip ticket.  But as far as other paperwork would my car loan help?  Showing that I have a vehicle to pay for, or maybe a bank statement of an open checking account?  I have no intentions on staying in the country illegally, and I am 100% aware I must have a visa to stay permanently. Our purpose for the trip is he just wants to show me around, sight see, and spend what little time we can together. We used up all our vacation days when he came here, so this is it for this year :( 

On the documentation from earliar, what is a long form birth certificate?  I was also talking to him last night and he has no idea what a notary is, or where to find one?  Are they called something else? 

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 03:34:42 PM »
There aren't notaries in the UK like there is in the US. In the UK, solicitors oftentimes 'certify' documents, as where in the US we can go to a notary to notarize documents if need be.

As for long form birth certificates, they generally list the parents information (i.e. birthplaces, occupations, etc) as where short form birth certificates just list the child's details and the parents names. In the case of UK visas, long form birth certificates are needed when the original passport isn't provided, along with a photocopy of the sponsor's passport--short form isn't sufficient in these cases.
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 03:41:53 PM »
In the case of UK visas, long form birth certificates are needed when the original passport isn't provided, along with a photocopy of the sponsor's passport--short form isn't sufficient in these cases.

Ok so we both have to submit our original passports?  I thought I was the only one of who had to do that, and he could just supply a photocopy of his???  I have my original birth certificate and my passport, I was going to send both?  And just supply a copy of his birth certificate, and passport.  How many months bank statements should i supply on his end, and how many on my end?

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 03:50:56 PM »
You'll have you supply your original passport for them to put the visa in. He can either submit his passport, a certified copy of his passport, or his long-form birth certificate and a photocopy of his passport. That's where the photocopies come in--if there's a long form birth certificate, just a regular copy will do; if there isn't a birth certificate, then it'd need to be certified as a true document in order to prove his citizenship.

With my application, my husband got his long-form birth certificate from the county he was born in, and then got a color photocopy of his passport for me to include with my documentation. Since we had his birth certificate, we didn't need to get the photocopies certified/notarized (even though I was kinda OCD and got it notarized *anyway* since it was free from my bank).

As for sending your birth certificate, it's up to you--technically your passport is sufficient proof of your identity and citizenship, but if you want to send in your birth certificate that's fine as well. I sent in mine, it can't really hurt at all.

The guidelines ask for 3 months bank statements from both parties if it's accounts that are going to be used to prove finances. With that said, many people try to get upwards of 6 months bank statements and payslips to better show their financial standing.

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 03:59:08 PM »
Ok I will ask him about his long-form birth certificate.  His passport states "british citizen", he was born in austrailia though.  His mom is from England, dad from Austrailia, I dont know if that makes a difference. 

I planned to get his paystubs from him, his check automatically goes into his account too...so his bank statements will prove this as well.  Same on my end, my checks are directly deposited. 

Is there a specific amount of money has has to make a month to sponsor me as his fiance? 

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 04:36:05 PM »
If he has a British passport, then he's a British citizen, so that should be alright. If he doesn't have his long form birth certificate, he can phone up the county he was born in and see what he needs to do to get it--my husband had to do something similar, and it wasn't very expensive to get it posted to him (maybe £10 at most if I remember rightly).

As for a specific amount, a lot of people shoot for £100.95 left over per week after paying bills but before weekly expenses like food and petrol. The important thing to show is that the household can survive without you as the USC needing public funds, since you'll be prohibited from receving them (even though your sponsor can receive any benefits they would be entitled to as a British citizen).

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
Ok, he makes around 350-500 pounds a week depending on if he has overtime or not.  His bills are only 150.00 a week...so we should be alright  ;D

Thanks so much for the valuable information.  All of you have been so great and helpful, before I found this place I was so stressed, to the point I was making myself sick over all of it. 

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 05:51:09 PM »
Just a warning here. If your BF was born in Australia the only proof of his right to live in the UK is his UK passport. Especially if he was born in 1983 or later simply the long form birth certificate will not be enough even for someone born in the UK. I suggest having him take his UK passport to a solicitor and having a notarised copy done.

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 05:57:34 PM »
Just a warning here. If your BF was born in Australia the only proof of his right to live in the UK is his UK passport. Especially if he was born in 1983 or later simply the long form birth certificate will not be enough even for someone born in the UK. I suggest having him take his UK passport to a solicitor and having a notarised copy done.

Ok so his passport that states "british citizen" is not enough?  He was born in 1983, as was I...in Austrailia.  But his mom was born in the UK..and is a citizen.  I was going to supply his birth certificate, and his passport copy...both certified by a solicitor.  Is that not enough?  However I have no idea if his birth cert is long form or not..have to ask him when he gets home...or take a look myself in two weeks. 

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 06:05:26 PM »
Ok so his passport that states "british citizen" is not enough?  He was born in 1983, as was I...in Austrailia.  But his mom was born in the UK..and is a citizen.  I was going to supply his birth certificate, and his passport copy...both certified by a solicitor.  Is that not enough?  However I have no idea if his birth cert is long form or not..have to ask him when he gets home...or take a look myself in two weeks.  
For him is Birth Cert is irrelevant and not needed. His Birth Certificate does not give him British Citizenship. His British Passport shows his British Citizenship. You need to send a notarised copy of his British Passport and that is all. That is what my initial post said:
If your BF was born in Australia the only proof of his right to live in the UK is his UK passport.

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 07:24:45 PM »
Oh and another thing, once I am already there on my fiance visa...we get married and its time to switch into a spouse visa...I dont have to go home for that do it??  Probably a stupid question..but curious non the less.

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »
If you have a fiance visa and get married in the UK, you'll apply for your FLR(M) while in the UK.