Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: visa application office in NY?  (Read 267 times)

• Liked: 0
visa application office in NY?
« on: September 11, 2009, 04:09:39 PM »
Apologies if this question has been addressed before... I couldn't find it through the Search function.

What is the procedure for submitting an application, to the NYC office in particular? The WorldBridge site seems to give the option of using a courier or submitting by mail. I'd like to try walking it through myself (and having a quick jaunt to NYC for fun as well). I can't even find the address of the office. Do I need to make an appointment or just go and wait?

Thanks,
Emily
September 2009: Tier 1 visa
April 2011: Married
March 2012: FLR(M)
February 2012: SET(M) application submitted

• Liked: 4
Re: visa application office in NY?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »
Do they even accept applications delivered by hand in NYC? 

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »
I believe the Chicago Consulate has a drop box, but other than for a Tier 4 Application (for which you have to make an appointment at the consulate in advance for), you cannot hand deliver your application. You can, however, pay a visa expediter to do just that.

From Worldbridge:

Important notice for students

The UK Border Agency at the British Consulate General in New York is offering an appointment only walk-in service for point- based system Tier 4 students. This service will be available from 16 June 2009 - 30 September 2009. Appointments will be available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 09:00 until 12:00 (no late arrivals will be admitted).

For everyone else:

Once you have completed an online application, printed it out with your supporting documents and enrolled your biometrics, you must submit the application by mail to the applicable UK Border Agency at the Consulate-General within 2 weeks of your biometric enrolment.  

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 04:23:33 PM »
As a heads up, I just sent my spousal visa application to a courier in NYC. She told me that normally they can get it back within 24 hours, but right now there are a ton of student visa apps that are gumming up the works. Hoping to hear back by next week...

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
Do they even accept applications delivered by hand in NYC? 

They used to, but not anymore.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 04:27:41 PM »
Wow, that was quick. Thanks for all the great input, everyone! ::goes off to consult courier recommendations::

Emily
September 2009: Tier 1 visa
April 2011: Married
March 2012: FLR(M)
February 2012: SET(M) application submitted

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab