Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Documents not available in time?  (Read 268 times)

• Liked: 0
Documents not available in time?
« on: September 11, 2009, 04:44:08 PM »
I'm am a romanian national married to an american (both in the UK right now). Since we are self-sufficient we want to apply for a residence card for her and a registration certificate for myself.

We need to show bank statements plus our private health insurance policy for both our applications but it looks like they might not be here on time. The bank is blaming the postal strike and AVIVA promised us it they would process it faster for us but it's been a week and a half and we haven't received anything yet.

I do have bank statements from 12 to 6 months ago and a clerk told me they could stamp or sign some kind of local branch statements and that the immigration people would accept them if they are attached to official early statements. Is this true? And is there anything we could do about the health policy, like give the agency our policy numbers so they could check with AVIVA?

I've been told by solicitors that we could send the application even after my wife's visitor visa expires but that it would be better to send it before it does . I am not really sure what that means but from what I gather as long as we have proof that she had UK private health insurance before the expiry date (plus funds for being self-sufficient) the residence card would just confirm her EEA rights, not create them.

We were on the train to London to see a solicitor earlier today (booked and paid on the phone days before) and they called us to let us know they couldn't do it today  .  :(

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab