Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advisory: Budgeting for Spouse/Fiance(e)/Unmarried Partner visas  (Read 51605 times)

• Liked: 342
Re: Advisory: Budgeting for Spouse/Fiance(e)/Unmarried Partner visas
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2016, 10:46:46 AM »
My partner is UK citizen on jobseeker's after a long disability (esa) so is having an extremely difficult time finding work (due to long employment gap).

Just adding that PIP (was called DLA) is the benefit for those that are disabled. Those in receipt of PIP/DLA, do not have to meet the 18.6 requirement to sponsor as their disabilty may stop them from earning much. PIP/DLA is an in work benefit.

ESA is for those who are too sick to work at that time. It can also be used by PIP/DLA claimants, to receive extra money if they will never be able to do any work.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2017, 10:18:54 PM »
I am inundated with all the information for moving abroad. Is the financial requirements just for my fiancé? or what I bring over? It is my understanding after obtaining the appropriate Visa I am not allowed to work for a certain amount of time.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2017, 12:46:39 AM »
Assuming you're applying from the US (which you will have to do if you don't have a non-visitor visa for the UK), yes, the financial requirement is just for your British fiancé--so s/he'll have to earn at least £18,600 annually (which you can meet through a couple different ways, depending on how your fiancé is paid).

If you can qualify through the savings route (having £62,500 in savings for at least 6 months), though, it's different--the money can be in your name, your fiancé's name or in a joint account. I'm not certain about whether the savings can be over a few different accounts--say, £30,000 in yours and the rest in your fiancé's--but I'm sure someone will be able to confirm that.

If you can go the savings route, you should, as it's easiest to document, but of course not many people can due to the high financial requirement.

If you have any other questions, do post them! If you put them in the main board, they'll get attention faster  ;)

• Liked: 170
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2017, 07:44:25 AM »
I am inundated with all the information for moving abroad. Is the financial requirements just for my fiancé? or what I bring over? It is my understanding after obtaining the appropriate Visa I am not allowed to work for a certain amount of time.

What visa are you looking to apply for? Are you currently in the UK with the right to work (under say a Tier 4 or Tier 2 visa)?

Assuming you are applying for a fiance visa from the US without a history of visas that allow work, only your fiance's income can count for the initial visa from the US and for the next FLR(M) visa. Once you get your FLR(M), you can work and your income counts towards the next steps in the immigration journey.
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2017, 09:25:10 AM »
Yes, the financial requirement must be met by your fiancé and your fiancé alone.

After you are married, you'll apply for FLR(M) which is Further Leave to Remain based on Marriage.  Until you have obtained your FLR(M), you cannot work, volunteer, study, or use the NHS.  Most people choose to marry in the US and apply directly for a spouse visa, so as not to have those restrictions and to eliminate the cost of an additional visa (it's completely up to the couple which choice is right for them).

• Liked: 1
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »
Thank you and yes I am in the US inquiring about a marriage or fiance visa.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2017, 06:42:20 PM »
Surely this doesn't count for people who are in receipt of carers allowance? If the person is only allowed to earn 110/week in order to receive carers allowance, they are already under that number/week. Wouldn't they need to be at or above the income support level to qualify?
Met online 2005
Met in person 2015
Engaged 2015
Married 2015
Applying 2017
Moved July 19 2017
FLR(M) application 2020

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2017, 06:47:24 PM »
People in receipt of carer's allowance are exempt from the normal income requirement.

They have to prove 'adequate maintenance' instead of the £18,600 annual income.

The figure they need to show is that their weekly income minus any rent and council tax is at least the level of income support that a UK couple would receive from the government.

For 2017/18 this figure is £114.85 per week... so as long as:

Your weekly income - (weekly rent + weekly council tax) = £114.85 or more, you will meet the requirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab