Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advisory: Budgeting for Spouse/Fiance(e)/Unmarried Partner visas  (Read 51645 times)

Re: Advisory: Budgeting for Spouse/Fiance(e)/Unmarried Partner visas
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »
well its not a proper offer but saying they will rehire me when there is a spot. but i am adding anything i can that i think that might help..........

The only income that can be used in the computation is guaranteed income either from a person actually working & earning or from a bonifide job offer and the proof will be with a job contract...'maybe when we have an opening' doesn't count.

MAA10 Assessing adequate means of maintenance

The following list, which is not comprehensive, is intended as a guide to the factors which may need to be considered when assessing means of maintenance:

-the applicant’s past and current employment;

-do the applicant’s / sponsor's educational qualifications and any other skills or qualifications offer a reasonable chance of obtaining employment? If so, that should be viewed as sufficient to meet the maintenance requirement without having to make further enquiries.

-the sponsor’s current or proposed employment;

-any plans the applicant has for employment in the UK;

-What is the unemployment situation in the area in which the couple intend to settle? High unemployment in a particular area or amongst a certain age group with particular skills (or lack of them), is not in itself sufficient to show that the maintenance requirement has not been met. It would be a relevant factor if the couple’s plans were not realistic or if they did not have any skills or qualifications.

-any arrangements which have been made, or could be made, by the sponsor, any other relatives, friends or contacts in the UK in connection with the plans for employment;

-satisfied that job offers are genuine and the work likely to last for the foreseeable future?

-any support which will be forthcoming from others.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:45:21 PM by WebyJ »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 07:48:50 AM »
ok well thank you for that. sorry to ask but were do you get that information it would be really help full for me. also i would like to say i do have a decent cv. i have about 6 years management experience and i did go to college. so i will be adding my cv with the application. also can third party help only be in the uk??? or can my dad from america offer support for me while i am in the uk???

thank you all for your help it really helps
June 1st-married
June 2nd-applied for spouse visa
June 2nd-biometrics (git in before my appointment date)
June 2nd-package overnighted to courier
June 3rd- courier received my package and looked it over and mailed to consulant
June 4th-consulant received my package
June 4th- received email that evening saying i was apporoved
June 7th- received my visa
June 16th-flew back to U.k with my husband

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 08:08:04 AM »
ok well thank you for that. sorry to ask but were do you get that information it would be really help full for me.

The info can be found on the UK visa website in the Entry Clearance Guidance (the guidance that the ECOs to use to decide whether to grant the visa or not). WebyJ provided a link to the information at the top of the section she quoted.

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 08:09:08 AM »
ok well thank you for that. sorry to ask but were do you get that information it would be really help full for me.. so i will be adding my cv with the application. also can third party help only be in the uk... or can my dad from america offer support for me while i am in the uk?

It's the ECOs application processing guidance on the UKvisas website specifically for Maintenance & Accommodation:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/maintenanceaccommodation and there was a link to it in my previous post.

The guidance states that
If members of the couple’s families in the UK offer to maintain the couple adequately until they can do so from their own resources, such an arrangement would not satisfy the Rules, which require the couple to maintain themselves. Nevertheless, it may be appropriate in certain circumstances to exercise discretion where it is clear that such an arrangement will be for a limited period and that the couple will be in a position to maintain themselves shortly after the applicant’s arrival in the UK.

So it would have to be from UK based family only for a short period of time.

Your father cannot help you.

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 08:19:21 AM »
well thank you. you have been very helpfull and i appriciate it very much. sorry i ask too much but my time is getting closer so im getting nervous. thank you again
June 1st-married
June 3rd- courier received my package and looked it over and mailed to consulant

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
well only a few more days till i apply and i am still a bit nervous on themoney side. we are not rich but we have enough money to pay bills andlive on but once i start working we will be great. do you think they will take this into account or is everyone that has applied rich or have loads of money saved.
June 1st-married

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2010, 04:36:19 AM »
ok i am sorry i keep asking questions but i am feeling a bit nervous now. i know this might seem dumb but has everyone that has applied for there spouse visa on here had savings. do you have to have a savings to get a spouse visa? we are not rich but we get by with what my sponsor earns. i am just worried cause we dont make thousands of dollars a month and until i can start working we will be fine living off what he earns. do you think they will frown on us cause we arent rich?? again i know this seems dumb but i guess i am just ocd'ing hard since we apply tomorow. any reassurance would be helpfull

thank you
June 1st-married

• Liked: 31
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2010, 08:54:04 AM »
If you do a search you will find lots of people who had little or no savings and a tight budget who got their visas. Settlement visas from the US are rarely rejected unless a major mistake is made in the application or there have been previous issues like overstaying or abusing the NHS, and even then they sometimes still come through.
Arrived as student 9/2003; Renewed student visa 9/2006; Applied for HSMP approval 1/2008; HSMP approved 3/2008; Tier 1 General FLR received 4/2008; FLR(M) Unmarried partner approved (in-person) 27/8/2009; ILR granted at in-person PEO appointment 1/8/2011; Applied for citizenship at Edinburgh NCS 31/10/2011; Citizenship approval received 4/2/2012
FINALLY A CITIZEN! 29/2/2012

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2010, 08:59:02 AM »
No you don't need savings, but they can certainly help if your finances are borderline. As long as you can show that you won't need to access public funds (by having at least £102.75 left each week), then it won't matter if you have savings or not.

There have been people here approved for visas when:

- They have no savings, but a fairly high monthly income
- They have no savings and a fairly low monthly income
- They have no steady monthly income but lots of savings (i.e. both partners are in the US and neither has a UK job yet)
- They have no savings and the UK spouse lives in a council house and claims benefits
- They have some savings and the UK spouse lives in a council house and claims benefits
- They have lots of savings and a decent monthly income

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »
thanks for all the advice on here, Myself and my fiance from America recently applied for her fiance visa to come to the Uk, we submitted statements and financial records from myself as we don't have any savings to provide evidence of income, my fiance received a call from the ECO telling here we should have been refused as she hadn't submitted various things such as  photos of us, had she ever visited my self? and we had only £95. We had submitted all the information and it was all in clear plastic wallets in a binder!! including travel receipts and photos phone records, The £95 was from the first bank statement when the account was opened.

We have last week faxed new cover letters trying to politely ask that the information is read and mentioned the various thing that were already submitted, and submitted new statements and couple of other things. We are now hoping that they do read our application. Although after faxing the info my fiance called to confirm they had received it and the lady she spoke to less than 2 days before denied all knowledge of the conversation she had with her.

Can't say we are very confident, but I don't know what we can do if they refuse to read any of it.

« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:53 AM »
My Fiancee makes 850 a month, technically that would meet the requirements but do they look at if loans are taken out of their account.  Shes got a little saving in there now and I have "some".  Our rent is 395, not sure of the cousil tax cause she wont move in for 3 weeks.

hows that bode??? chances???

• Magic is all around you, you just have to look....
    • Design site
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »
Reading through all this is great info but makes me concerned. We are working towards applying in a couple years. Both myself (USC) and my husband (UKC) reside in the states. I would love to hear from anyone who went through it from the states side on what they had to provide to get approved. He's hoping to be able to find some kind of offer of employment prior to us applying but I'm not sure how many employers are willing to do this internationally. We are saving as best as we can and will have a car and house to sell before moving. We both plan to close out our 401ks as well (although since those are immediate funds i'm sure they won't be considered). What our expectations are at this point is such:

Apx 10k (usd) in savings, 4-5k usd from sale of the car. No clue on the house since the market is very voliate at the moment. Now I do receive 400ish per month in child support but that may be ending once my eldest turns 18 (but I will still be getting it when we apply) I'm guessing that would be included as income?

Our biggest concern is since we have a family of 4 the amount required may not be something we can hit. Unfortunately staying in the states long term isn't an option for us as hubby wants to get back to the UK.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Even when life seems at it's most dark and despairing.. there is within the power to make change.

Priority Spouse Online App Submitted: 1 March 2019
Biometrics Appointment: 1 March 2019
Documents uploaded: 1 March 2019
Docs Sent to NY: 1 March 2019
Docs Received in NY: 4 March 2019
"Application Is Being Prepared for ECO" Email: 11 March 2019
Decision Made Email Received: 1 April 2019
Visa Received:2 April 2019 YES!

« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2010, 03:49:31 PM »
Reading through all this is great info but makes me concerned. We are working towards applying in a couple years. Both myself (USC) and my husband (UKC) reside in the states.

If it's going to be a couple of years then you probably want to check back closer to when you're actually going to apply since there are going to be some MAJOR changes coming up and depending on what those changes are in the next year or so will have an impact on what the requriements for your situation when it comes time for you to apply.

My best advice is check back about 6 ish months before you apply as it will be more clear then what the impact of the next year will have on your situation.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:28:54 PM by WebyJ »

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 10:51:22 PM »
yes, but are they looking at a budget for the 6 months I am unabl to work when I move over there-or for an entire year? my fiance is a seasonall worker as a steward on a ship. he works 6 months on 6 months off-but within the 6 months he works, he makes a yearly income of over 15,000gbp.

I think we will be ok though. His income has been sitting in his bank this entire work season as he has been living at home for many years and not paying rent. in a couple of weeks he is on a two week break and will be coming home to secure an apartment for us.  Basically, we are starting out with nearly 15,000gbp to take us through til next april when he starts work again.  He finishes at the end of October. so we have his 15,000gbp income to live on for 6 months-which should be more than enough.....right?

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2010, 08:03:20 AM »
yes, but are they looking at a budget for the 6 months I am unabl to work when I move over there-or for an entire year? my fiance is a seasonall worker as a steward on a ship. he works 6 months on 6 months off-but within the 6 months he works, he makes a yearly income of over 15,000gbp.

I think we will be ok though. His income has been sitting in his bank this entire work season as he has been living at home for many years and not paying rent. in a couple of weeks he is on a two week break and will be coming home to secure an apartment for us.  Basically, we are starting out with nearly 15,000gbp to take us through til next april when he starts work again.  He finishes at the end of October. so we have his 15,000gbp income to live on for 6 months-which should be more than enough.....right?

You have asked this question multiple times & it has been answered, I will refer you back to those responses:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=63908.msg899019#msg899019
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=64228.msg902538#msg902538
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=64513.msg906072#msg906072
http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=64503.msg905998#msg905998

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:39:46 AM by WebyJ »

Sponsored Links