Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: So what are you and your honey doing on V - Day?  (Read 3121 times)

• Liked: 2
So what are you and your honey doing on V - Day?
« on: February 12, 2003, 06:24:23 PM »
Anyone having a romantic meal out???? Or romantic meal in?? ;D
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

Re: So what are you and your honey doing on V - Da
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 07:31:29 PM »
Anyone having a romantic meal out???? Or romantic meal in?? ;D

More likely that we'll have a meal in.  Probably rent some movies and do something on Saturday night...;) Although the wife says I'm a sly dog :P so you may not be able to believe a word I've said!

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 07:39:04 PM »
I wish!

My sister-in-law and her 13 year-old son are flying down from Aberdeen to stay with us for five days.  Don't think there will be much of the wild thing goin' on 'round our little flat this V-day!   :-/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 07:39:30 PM by Wishstar »

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 09:45:35 PM »
It's our first V-day together.  ;D Last year we were apart.

There is a Valentines fair going on in town that weekend. So far, that is our only plans.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• having one of those days...
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 09:52:01 PM »
hmm...

i think we're getting various take-aways and having a feast at home and watching movies on friday.

going to a restaurant on saturday, though.  just hope hubby's team wins their FA cup game on saturday so he's not gloomy all night.

ashley, what's at a valentine's fair?

*:)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2003, 09:53:15 PM by islandgirl »
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 10:07:15 PM »
It's just a fair. You know, rides, games, Ferris wheel. It's just here in honour of Valentines day.

Jon was just telling me that they used to have it in the city centre. Would close off all the streets. On one street you'd have a ride on the next a row of games etc etc. Too bad they don't do that anymore. Now they have it towards the outskirts of the city.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2003, 12:18:07 AM »
We are getting married...we have moved the date to the fourteenth..going to the registry office and then to paris for a honeymoon...getting nervous since its a couple days away...but it will be very special... :)

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2003, 12:20:58 PM »
[smiley=hug.gif] [smiley=hug.gif] [smiley=hug.gif] [smiley=hug.gif] [smiley=hug.gif] [smiley=hug.gif] [smiley=hug.gif] [smiley=hug.gif] [smiley=hug.gif]

Yay! ... you're goin to the chapel and yer gonna get married...

I'll be humming that all day.

Good luck sweetypea. Tell us all about it when you get back.

Big big hugs to you both.

• En Vino Veritas
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2003, 02:09:47 PM »
Congratulations Blondshania !!!

We were married on Valentines Day last year in Napa Valley...lot's of fun.
Friendly advice, get the 'No you may not buy me one present for Valentines Day and our Wedding Annivesary, unless it's really big or really expensive' written into your wedding vows beforehand.
Even if they swear they wouldn't dream of doing such a thing then, you'd be amazed how quickly they forget a year later  ;) :D  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

Best Wishes to you both.....

I'll raise a toast to you tomorrow (okay granted it will be Lemsip but if I blow bubbles in the glass it will look like Champagne  ;D )

Red
You're a daisy if you do........

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2003, 03:38:10 PM »
Congrats blondshania...  big cheers for you!  :D

Tom and I will sadly be spending our [smiley=heart.gif] Day on the internet once again  :'( ...  but I know this will be the last one we will be apart, something to be thankful for... :)

We are expecting another big snow storm this weekend starting Valentine's evening...  I love snow...  but want it to stop coming now...  have had my fill this year...

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, fun loving Valentine's
  [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif] [smiley=heart.gif]
[/color][/b]
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 05:27:57 PM »
I remember what it was like to be away from each other on Valentine's Day as it was just last year.  Keep the chin up, this will be the last year.  It's hard, I know, but worth it when everything finally comes together, but you know this or none of us would have pursued it.  Maybe get a big group of single friends to go out on the town, that's what I did when I couldn't be with my guy.  

This year, we are celebrating by going out to a nice Thai restaurant and then to a comedy show.  There is nothing better than sharing a good laugh together, don't you think?  

I hope everyone has a wonderful time regardless of where they are and who they are with.

[smiley=heart.gif] Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow. [smiley=heart.gif]

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2003, 07:55:45 PM »
We will be recovering from our trip...lol we've just woken up and I think we crashed out at 10ish.  I got him a cute card tho.  It says:  "I love it when we cuddle.  Especially when we cuddle so hard the windows rattle..." ;D

hehe.  :)

He bought me a copy of rpg maker.  ah, gamer bliss.

wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2003, 07:42:03 AM »
We will be recovering from our trip...lol we've just woken up and I think we crashed out at 10ish.  I got him a cute card tho.  It says:  "I love it when we cuddle.  Especially when we cuddle so hard the windows rattle..." ;D

hehe.  :)

He bought me a copy of rpg maker.  ah, gamer bliss.

wench

Welcome back Wench! :)  I hope you and your hubby enjoyed your trip to the states.

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2003, 09:40:39 AM »
Blondshania, what wonderful news! I hope we hear all about your wedding and romantic Paris weekend. Well, not all about.

Graham and I flopped. Figured every place would be packed with folk, so instead of being swamped by crowds, we decided to plan a weekend in Plymouth when the weather got better. Last Valentine's we didn't celebrate until this past November.  [smiley=laugh4.gif] (We went to the Sign of the Angel in Lacock, supposedly the most haunted pub in England.)
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2003, 03:50:04 PM »
I had planned to get Elle a really big bunch of red roses which I ordered on Tesco.com about a week before 14th Feb.  I phoned them up later 'cause they made an error with the delivery address, to which they said that they couldn't change it,so I'd have to cancel the order and reorder the flowers.  After being thrown around three or four times when I was told that I was talking to the wrong department, I finally was given the initial number that I'd rang and they said that I would recieve an e-mail from them saying that the order was cancelled and I should ring them back to order the flowers again.  

So I waited and recieved no e-mail, so on 13th February I phoned Tesco.com again and they said that the order was still intact and I would recieve the flowers the next day.

Ok, so I had sent myself flowers.  At least I could buy a card and put it on the flowers and give them to Elle.  I came home from work,  [smiley=cry2.gif] and no flowers!!  >:( What a pile of festering horse manure!  I kind of expected it :( I went on line to see if I had recieved anything this is what they said:
Subject: Tesco.com - Changes to your Flowers warehouse order.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for shopping at the Flowers warehouse. Unfortunately we have been unable to obtain the item(s) below and will not be able to deliver them to you.

Order number: 1692500
Received  on: 08 February 2003, 19:54:00.

Description:     Quantity: Unit Price: Line Price:

12 Deluxe Roses                                  1   £**.**   £**.**

We are sorry that we have been unable to fulfil your order on this occasion and hope that we can be of service to you in the future.

Any questions?

If you have any questions, please visit our online Help at:

http://www.tesco.com/register/?from=/Flowers/reenter.asp?reenter=helphtm

If you have any further queries about your order, please email us at customer.service@tesco.co.uk or telephone our Customer Helpline on
0845 722 55 33.

Kind regards,
The Tesco.com Team

Which to say the least pissed me off no end >:(  didn't even tell me before the day so I could arrange something else.

What we eventually did was go to see the new disney film - Treasure Planet!  Which was well worth seeing :) - then I took Elle to Sainsburys and bought her some roses then we came home and went to bed.

If nothing else it makes me think that Tesco are completely inept, and I won't be buying anything from them on-line again.  I shall be phoning them later next week. ;)

Sponsored Links