Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors  (Read 39401 times)

Re: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 04:56:38 PM »
Yes it's an issue...you need to contact the Home Office to find out how to correct it since you should have checked it carefully before entering the UK as it would be a VERY simple fix, by not doing so you've probably made it very difficult to fix but it MUST BE DONE.

EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK YOUR VISAS CAREFULLY, NAME, PASSPORT NUMBER, VISA TYPE, VISA VALID DATES...THIS IS IMPORTANT!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 11:47:23 PM »
Thanks WebyJ

I'm willing to take 10% of the blame ;) i'll send the other 90% to Chicago.
Oh well, these things happen.

Anyway as a first step we are emailing chicago so they can direct us who to speak to in the home office. If we try to go to the home office direct i suspect we'll get caught in some kafka-esque story of horror. Hopefully they can just re-issue from a european embassy.

I'll let you know how we get on as a reference for others in the future.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 01:49:03 AM »
Ok please forgive me if my questions are a bit basic. I just got my settlement/wife visa and I'm checking to make sure it's all ok.

What does "MULT" under "type" mean?

Also, what is a VAF number? I'm guessing visa application form, but where is this located somewhere else other than the visa so that I can check it and make sure it's correct? It's only 6 numbers.

One more thing, my visa just has New York, MULT, Spouse/CP and my hubby's name, my name, my passport number, no recourse to public funds, 0 dependants,valid from and valid to dates, VAF number,and my nationality. I don't have a KOL test required stamp. Am I supposed to? Or do I get that on my passport when I first land and pass through customs?

Does this info sound pretty normal? Thanks for the help  ;D I'm still just happy it was accepted!!!

• Liked: 387
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 02:20:14 AM »
What does "MULT" under "type" mean?

Sounds like the print is misaligned (not a problem so long as the actual information is correct).

MULT is for Number of Entries, meaning multiple.

Also, what is a VAF number? I'm guessing visa application form, but where is this located somewhere else other than the visa so that I can check it and make sure it's correct? It's only 6 numbers.

Yep, VAF is Visa Application Form.  It's the number referenced in the approval email's subject line:  UK Visa Application @ [Location] (Ref: XXXXXX) - where XXXXXX is listed on the visa as the VAF.

I don't have a KOL test required stamp. Am I supposed to? Or do I get that on my passport when I first land and pass through customs?

That's if you have already been married and living together 4 years or more outside the UK.  It allows you to take KOL as soon as you enter the UK and apply for ILR.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:42:32 AM by Aquila »

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »
thanks for the reply aquila, good to know. so do i not have to take the KOL test? sorry i'm a bit confused on this point.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
thanks for the reply aquila, good to know. so do i not have to take the KOL test? sorry i'm a bit confused on this point.

Everyone has to take the KOL test before applying for ILR (or probationary citizenship, which is supposed to replace ILR from next July) - you can take the test whenever you like, but you won't qualify to apply for ILR/probationary citizenship until you have been in the UK for 2 years.

Those who have already been married and living outside the UK for 4 or more years are allowed to skip the 2-year residency requirement and apply for ILR as soon as they have taken the KOL test... that's what the KOl Req'd stamp on certain spousal visas means.

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 07:02:47 PM »
Everyone has to take the KOL test before applying for ILR (or probationary citizenship, which is supposed to replace ILR from next July) - you can take the test whenever you like, but you won't qualify to apply for ILR/probationary citizenship until you have been in the UK for 2 years.

Those who have already been married and living outside the UK for 4 or more years are allowed to skip the 2-year residency requirement and apply for ILR as soon as they have taken the KOL test... that's what the KOl Req'd stamp on certain spousal visas means.

ahhh thanks for the clarification ksand! i'm just really particular about paperwork being spot on, and i didn't know if they missed something on mine. but it seems my visa is in order... thank god!!! all of that money and worrying for one page in your whole passport, seems like you should get some big plaque or something after going through the whole process haha ;)

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 07:49:52 PM »
ahhh thanks for the clarification ksand! i'm just really particular about paperwork being spot on, and i didn't know if they missed something on mine. but it seems my visa is in order... thank god!!!

No problem :). There's no need to worry, as it sounds like everything that is supposed to be on your visa is there :).

P.S. You would only get the 'KOL Req'd' stamp if you specifically asked for it when you applied and you provided evidence that you had been married for at least 4 years and living together outside the UK for all of that time.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2010, 11:28:48 AM »
Nope, you should have checked it for errors when you received it from the Consulate. There's nothing that can be done now. Errors must be corrected by the issuing Consulate before travel.

See also What if there is an error in the information on my visa? and Correcting an incorrect endorsement.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Re: ADVISORY: Visa Errors
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 09:33:18 PM »
Hey folks,

I hope you can help me.  I have applied for a VAF1A form to visit and travel in UK for the first time.  Unfortunately when I will filling out the application I typed in the wrong year on my DOB (stupid I know. it was late and I wanted to have it completed before the morning).  Is there anyway I can amend it? Or do I have to re-submit a new VAF1A application?

I have my bio metrics appt on friday and I intend to travel next Tues (if I get my visa on time).  Does anyone know if I will get my visitor's visa on time? Or shall I postpone my departure date?  Also experts does anyone know how long it takes for me to receive the visa?   

Thank you for your time. 

Re: ADVISORY: Visa Errors
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 09:48:34 PM »
Hey folks,

I hope you can help me.  I have applied for a VAF1A form to visit and travel in UK for the first time.  Unfortunately when I will filling out the application I typed in the wrong year on my DOB (stupid I know. it was late and I wanted to have it completed before the morning).  Is there anyway I can amend it? Or do I have to re-submit a new VAF1A application?

If you have made a mistake on the online form, you can just correct the mistake on the printed version that you will be sending to the consulate with your application documents (i.e. you need to print out the online form).

Once you have attended your biometrics appointment (for which you only need your passport and the printed biometrics appointment confirmation sheet), you will need to gather all the documents for your visa application and then send them to the designated consulate for processing (either NY or LA, depending on the state you live in).

If you want to get the visa quickly, then you can pay £$150 (+tax) for priority processing (you do this on the Worldbridge site on the day you mail in the application) and it should be processed within 48 hours of being opened at the consulate. Otherwise you could be waiting up to a few weeks (usually within 30 working days) for your visa to be processed.

I have my bio metrics appt on friday and I intend to travel next Tues (if I get my visa on time).  Does anyone know if I will get my visitor's visa on time? Or shall I postpone my departure date?  Also experts does anyone know how long it takes for me to receive the visa?

I would guess that you're not going to have your visa in time to travel on Tuesday... even if you ship your application to the consulate after your biometrics appoint on Friday, it probably won't get there until Monday or Tuesday, then it could take either 48 hours (if you use priority processing) or up to about 30 working days (without priority processing) to get the visa.

I would guess that if you pay for priority processing and send the application by early next week, you could have the visa by the end of next week, maybe the week after (assuming your application is straightforward and you have had no previous UK immigration problems or a criminal record).

If not and you send the application this week/next week, you could be looking at around mid-late January to get your visa (taking into account the Christmas and New Year holidays).

The advice given by the UK Home Office is to not book any travel until you have your visa, just in case you don't have it in time to travel.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:08:59 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 06:31:44 AM »
hey there

Thank you so much for that detailed information.  It was very useful.  I did look online but it wasnt clear so I thought it was best to ask the experts on this forum.

I will do as you instructed and I hope to travel to UK asap as I would love to experience a Christmas and New Year abroad.

Thank you once again.

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »
hello again

does anyone know that if I have filled in the wrong visa & I have applied for it online (details not sent) can I write a cover letter detailing the exact visa I should be applying. I originally wanted to go for a holiday visa but I have relatives ie my in laws, which I want to visit.  Should have applied for the family visa or the holiday visa? plse advise. I think I have filled out the wrong visa. 

• Liked: 2
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2010, 08:29:48 PM »
Have you been denied entry before? Why were you applying for a holiday visa?
Which one did you file for?

worldbridges lists visitor visa information here http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf2visitors#20711241

I am not sure if you can just write a letter, if you applied for the wrong one and it doesn't go thru, you would apply again with the right one but this would most likely hold it up.
I am sure someone knows exactly what happens and will be along shortly.

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 06:42:56 AM »
I was hoping someone here could help me with this situation: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=68784.0

This is MY error, but an error nonetheless. Is there a chance they would be willing to change the Valid From date for me?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab