Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors  (Read 39425 times)

Re: ADVISORY: Visa Issuance Errors
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2012, 01:21:20 PM »

Thing is, if you sent your passport back without first confirming that they would accept and correct it and without addressing it to the specific person who will be dealing with it, then I'm not sure that it will actually get sorted out, at least not quickly.

Normally you need to wait for a response from them to find out if you have permission to send it back (whether they are willing to correct it), how to send it, who to address it to and how long it will take for them to correct it.

Agreed. Not a wise thing to do. Always wait for a response, just because they don't respond as quickly as you think they should now you're really in a waiting game and have no way to follow up your shipment. For all you know it's sitting in the mailroom and you have no way to get any sort of status or way to resolve an issue if it's lost.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »
I've been working with an ex Eco that worked at the la office for 15 years. All she does I'd prep applications now and that's what she told me to do. She wrote me a letter to submit with it.

They are going to have to fix it anyways. I figure the faster they get it the faster it will get opened.

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2012, 12:46:02 AM »
Still havn't heard from them.. This is getting ridiculous. Almost wish I would have kept it and just left already. I really need to get home and get to work.

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2012, 06:25:01 PM »
Email with a tracking number today. Should have it tomorrow.

« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »
We are trying to get our tier 2 visas corrected, but our emails get returned as undeliverable to visa_complaintsNY@fco.gov.uk.  Does anyone know of an alternate email or phone number???  HELP!

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »
We are trying to get our tier 2 visas corrected, but our emails get returned as undeliverable to visa_complaintsNY@fco.gov.uk.  Does anyone know of an alternate email or phone number???  HELP!
I just sent mine back with a letter asking for the correction needed. I got it back in 5 business days.

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
I'm a little hesitant to send out our passports without talking to someone first.  Instead of putting down our intended travel date of feb 22 for the 'valid from' date, they put down the date of my husbands first day of work!  Do you think they will fix this?

• Liked: 4
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2012, 02:55:51 PM »
Yes, they should fix that as it's clearly an error, but I wouldn't send your passports without making contact with the office.

« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »

I haven't been getting undeliverable receipts, but I've ben sending emails to that address since 20 Jan, with no response. I guess that would explain it. I looked for another contact on their web site and couldn't find one, and they won't answer my queries at their Facebook page, either.  :\\\'(
9 Aug 11 - Married <3
14 Jan 12 - Submitted spousal visa application online
17 Jan 12 - Biometrics and mailed
19 Jan 12 - Visa issued!
21 Feb 12 - Moved to the UK!
01 May 13 - Passed the LitUK test :D
19 Mar 14 - Applied for ILR via checking service
29 Mar 14: Rec'd biometrics letter (dated 27 Mar) and completed biometrics same day
11 Jul 14: ILR approved
14 Jul 14: BRP and approval letter received
2 Dec 14 - Eligible to apply for citizenship

« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
If there's getting to be a lot of visa errors and service is not up to scratch, we can get UKY to notify UKBA's International Secretariat. 

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »
I've had no luck on their facebook page either.  There's no good way to contact them other than just sending all the info by post and hoping all goes well. I've sent an email to an ny 'feedback' email as well as the general ukba complaints email (not ny specific), but no response so far.  We called the heathrow immigration office and they said they wouldnt throw us out of the country if we entered prior to our visa date, but it would be better to get the date corrected.  I feel a little helpless here.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
You really don't want to enter before the start date.  You will likely be stamped in as a visitor, which is not what you want.

« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
If there's getting to be a lot of visa errors and service is not up to scratch, we can get UKY to notify UKBA's International Secretariat. 

To be fair, the error was mine (my keyboard double-types letters and when proofreading, I missed 2 capital Is next to each other in my middle name), but I've been emailing for a week and a half with no response at all on how to correct it. I would think I'm being annoying on their Facebook page, but I don't think they even see me, as they respond to most other inquiries and leave mine alone.

I know it's my fault, and I'm kicking myself for not catching it, but a little direction/help in fixing it would be nice.  :-\\\\
9 Aug 11 - Married <3
19 Jan 12 - Visa issued!
29 Mar 14: Rec'd biometrics letter (dated 27 Mar) and completed biometrics same day

« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2012, 07:38:41 PM »
I actually just got (12 minutes ago, according to gmail) an email that read:

Dear applicant

We have received your facebook posting and have looked at the visa that was issued to you.

If the error to which you refer is the extra "i" in your surname, a typo will not affect the validity of the visa.

If there is something more, please e-mail Visa_EnquiriesNY@fco.gov.uk and we will get back to you.

Best wishes

Visa Team

New York

So, yay :)

There was no advisory on the email not to reply, though I would think it's an outgoing email only, as most major entities have. But if you want to give it a shot, the email address it came from was NEYOZVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk. That's also the email address that sent notifications of receipt and issuance, which is why I think it probably isn't checked for incoming too often.... But in the apparent absence of many other options, thought I'd put it out there. :)
9 Aug 11 - Married <3
19 Jan 12 - Visa issued!

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2012, 08:36:48 PM »
I was also under the impression that NEYOZVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk was outgoing only, but I will try that one as well as this new email - Visa enquiries.  hopefully it will work - I'm glad that your visa issue was worked out!  Thanks for sharing the info!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab