Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My results are through!  (Read 1395 times)

My results are through!
« on: July 25, 2004, 05:35:32 PM »
OK, I wasn't going to post this, but I think only other "mature" students will truly appreciate the feeling of accomplishment - I just got my results through from my first year of working toward my Master's (even though I already had LOADS of undergrad work finished, I had to finish an Advanced Diploma before starting on the Master's - long story to do with qualifying with the British Psychological Society.)

And I got 3 A's, 1 B, and a C. The C irritates me as it was from a teacher who nearly ruined the entire year for me because she was such a terrible teacher (irronically I'd already done virtually the exact same class in the US and received an "A" and then when I started the class over here, she was so terrible that she just confused me about what I already knew. Had I just written the paper without turning up to the lectures, I can almost guarantee I'd have had an A or B.)

ANYWAY, I'm absolutely over the moon to have received such decent grades as it was a tough year for me - moving over here, moving in with my boyfriend, getting used to a very different system of education, etc. and to be honest I didn't put my usual effort into my final papers and was pretty worried. So I feel very reassured about my abilities now.

That's all - just felt like sharing with other students!!

Re: My results are through!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 07:28:13 PM »
Well Done.   :)

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 09:49:27 PM »
Yay!  And you were worried for nothing.  :D  Well done darlin'!!
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 11:13:22 PM »
Most excellent! Congrats!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 12:08:00 AM »
Way to go! Now you get a bit of a breather...

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 05:18:06 AM »
Very impressive!  Congrats!!   

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 06:29:18 AM »
Well done, Anne!!  ;D

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 09:00:13 AM »
Belated congrats fro me, too. But I'm curious... did they really give you letter grades as I've never seen that at postgrad level in the UK. What are you studying?
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 10:58:33 AM »
Thanks everyone!!  ;D

Balmerhon, yes they did give me letter grades - the average of three essay grades for each module.

I'm studying psychology/child development....

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 02:15:01 PM »
Well done Anne!  :D  I'm chuffed for you.  ;)
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

Sponsored Links