Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How To Walk Down the Street.  (Read 28941 times)

• Liked: 9
Re: How To Walk Down the Street.
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28:48 PM »
I finally gave up on being polite and started standing my ground after being here a while. I don't mind being polite or moving, but I now refuse to move for someone wandering all over the place because they refuse to look up from their phones. If the bump into me I wait for the look of indignation and 'politely' point out they might have seen me if they looked up. The ones who will veer from one side to the other in an effort to make someone else move are the ones who really chap me. I now stop walking and let them go ahead an move. If they'd have stayed put instead of trying to make me move they'd have been alright. It shocks me just how many people in this town have the attitude that they are entitled and everyone else should move out of their way. It also shocks me how many children will make the elderly and/or disabled move out of their way and the parents act like it is supposed to be that way. I feel it is bad enough when they make adults go around them and the parents are okay with it, but there's no respect at all for the elderly.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 0
Re: How To Walk Down the Street.
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2012, 06:47:04 PM »
Thank you for this thread.  I moved to Liverpool a couple of months ago, and honestly, this business of walking the pavements has been a constant irritation to me.  I tried explaining it to my brother and I'm pretty sure he thought I was cracking up (and I kind of thought I was, too), so it's good to see that I have comrades in my suffering.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab