Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Safeway  (Read 2477 times)

Re: Safeway
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 03:26:40 PM »
it was the only place that I knew that stocked Sam Adams lager, Brooklyn lager (but not, alas, the Brooklyn Brown), Sierra Nevada, and Anchor Steam.

You're joking??!! Anchor Steam???!!! I must start checking Safeways. We don't have one near by, but I'll search them out from now on wherever I am! I'm not one to miss very many things from the US, and I do love Brit beer, but Anchor Steam... mmmmmmm.

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 10:45:45 AM »
Yeah, but look quickly, since it's not Morrison's style to stock micro-beers. :-[

• Finally back in his arms...
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2004, 03:26:21 PM »
I shopped at Sainsbury's quite faithfully when I first started staying over there (as I tend to stay a couple of months at a time) but visiting my husband this time, he insisted on taking me to Safeway and ASDA as they were closer to his house and Sainsbury's was so far away.

Safeway's prices were so good I couldn't believe how much we were going to save. I brought close to £100 with me to buy a couple days worth of food thinking that's how much I generally spend at Sainsbury's...however, this time, I only spent around £30 for food for four days. ASDA and Safeway have about the same prices I noticed but you can't beat some of the two for one and three for one deals that Safeway has and I think that's what pulls me that way most.

x x x
So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2004, 01:09:42 AM »
Our safeway has become a Waitrose

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2004, 04:49:51 PM »
Ugh, I've shopped at them all and have always hated Safeway and Morrisons. The DF and I could never get everything we needed for a full shopping list at either store. Tesco was always the best for us in terms of selection but now that we've moved, our big ones are Adsa and Sainsbury's. I've braved Asda twice as you really do save money there but I prefer Sainsbury's gourmet range when we can afford it!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2004, 07:53:08 PM »
I like ASDAs prices but our ASDA has all the well...not-so-clean people there. Last time I was there I was shopping for a school swimsuit for my son. I had my baby with me in his stroller and this guy just came up and started tickling his feet. WEIRD! Also ASDA is always jam packed no matter what time of day you go. I would prefer to pay extra and avoid all that.
Its true Safeway doesnt have the selection that the other stores have but its the closest store to my home.
I like Morrisons because its probably the largest store we have in town but again, the people that shop there. I think there must be a retirement center nearby because you cant ever get down the aisles because of walkers and wheelchairs. With 4 kids I am always in a hurry and just dont feel like braving the zimmer frames!
Geez i sound like im in a bad mood tonight!
Pebs  [smiley=angel.gif]

• Finally back in his arms...
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2004, 08:02:54 PM »
While on our trip to Scotland, we stopped at an ASDA in Middlesbrough (where his family lives) it was ridiculously packed and it was closing in on midnight. I couldn't believe it! LoL!!

x x x - Missy
So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »
Well, Pebbles, bad news. One of the local Safeways was just sold by Morrison's to Asda, so if you're thinking of the one next to B & Q, then this too might become crowded and smelly!

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2004, 09:21:40 AM »
Lightbulb,
Oh no! Really? Maybe its the Safeway on Hollyhead Rd. Its already crowded and smelly! Are there any other Morrisons in Coventry? The one by B&Q is the only one I have ever seen here. The Safeway by my house is so nice, clean and never busy.
Pebs  [smiley=angel.gif]

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2004, 10:19:20 AM »
Hmm, I don't know. Since I don't drive my sense of Cov is limited to the southeast sector, and the article just mentioned Cov, not the location. So we'll just have to see!

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2004, 08:44:14 PM »
i shop safeway, mostly because they are the 2 closest stores to us... asda is about a 30 minute drive (like asda, just too far away)...and tesco is in newcastle...  so about 45 minutes...  I like a lot of the products of safeway brand...and hoping they do not completely disappear...  but I sense they will...everyweek I am seeing more moorison labels...and less safeway...

I think I liked safeway because it made me feel a bit like home...since it is one of the top competative grocery stores in maryland...oh well
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2004, 08:50:22 PM »
Ditto Safeway, but because I didn't drive and it was closest.

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2004, 09:11:12 AM »
LOL...ex cms analyst for nasa, has a job interview with safeway tomorrow...how sad is that!
depths of our soul!

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2004, 09:14:34 AM »
Not sad at all.  It would get you out of the house, meet some people on your own to make friends with, probably have a laugh, give you some independence and loads of confidence.  Good Luck! :)

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2004, 09:25:24 AM »
thank you Mindy...and you are completely correct...need to look at the good side and getting out of the house and meeting people is certainly a good side...  but, if I do not get the job, it will surely be the pits thinking I could not even get into safeway...that would be like not getting a job at 7-11 back home
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links