Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Safeway  (Read 2479 times)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Safeway
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2004, 09:45:59 AM »
Hey - I worked at 7-Eleven (the proper way of writing it, by the way  ;)  ).

And quite frankly, it was one of my favourite jobs I've ever had.  I truly miss it sometimes.   :\\\'(
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2004, 10:00:56 AM »
definitely not knocking working at 7-11...  :)...use to tell my bosses I was gonna quit and go to 7-11, they pay well and are nicer to their employees...   just emphasizing on the fact that I have come full circle in my career, from waitressing, banking, administrating, nasa...now back done the ladder...i guess I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself today...when I think of all I gave up...my truck for a used little car...and my job of 10 years for the possiblity of working at safeway...if I do not get turned down that is...which would not help my esteem if i did.
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2004, 10:24:31 AM »
No offence taken, Shel!  And trust me, you will NOT get turned down for Safeway!  They'll be lucky to have you!!  ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2004, 12:29:22 PM »
thanks ;D
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2004, 12:31:17 PM »
No offence taken, Shel!  And trust me, you will NOT get turned down for Safeway!  They'll be lucky to have you!! 

Agree!  :)

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2004, 03:15:54 PM »
All our local post offices still close for LUNCH!  It's 2004 people. 

Errr - I worked in a PO for a while and I can assure you that it is low paid and mentally very very exhausting.  The profit margins are so low that they simply cannot afford cover for staff breaks.  It doesn't matter what year it is - I still need something to eat and a chance to unwind at midday, as my hours were from 9am till 1pm and 2pm till 5:30 - THEN I had to stay as long as necessary to cash up; balance the books; and prepare batches of bank, national savings, national giro etc etc work for despatch to their appropriate destinations.  The office I was in was a 1 person office, so I didn't get even a cup of coffee or pee break at any time.

What REALLY pissed me off were people who rushed in at 1 minute to 1, and then grinned at me as though they were clever to catch me.   GRRRRR - I wonder if anyone would have been impressed if I'd added the extra time on to my lunch break and returned at 10 minutes past 2.

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2004, 03:18:35 PM »
shel...Double agree!

Um, would we be able to get discounts because we know you?
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2004, 03:25:12 PM »
LOL...ex cms analyst for nasa, has a job interview with safeway tomorrow...how sad is that!

Oh, it's not sad!  I'm not using my professional skills at all...just doing admin for a little non-profit group.  I wanted to start small because I was terrified of working here...I don't understand the Geordie dialect and didn't want to be in a room full of them!   ;D

After only a couple of months, though, I'm much more comfortable.  So much so that I'm in the process of looking for something more "professional" because I feel like I could handle it now.  It's much easier to wade into the shallow end than dive into the deep one!   ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab