Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK: Asian man cleared of racially abusing Nick Griffin  (Read 1268 times)

• Liked: 2

• It's 4:20 somewhere!
  • Liked: 0
Re: UK: Asian man cleared of racially abusing Nick Griffin
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 12:57:36 AM »
Interesting. On first glance I thought OMG I am going to have to..no doesn't even bear thinking about.

It would have helped if The Times could have added an extra letter. The phrasing The defendant, who admitted calling Mr Griffin a “f****** w*****”, is a little ambiguous (I don't think it was intentional) but my first reaction was w***** stood for whitey. Hence my first thought of OMG.

However, it does look like Tauriq Khalid might have been abusive but just stayed on the right side of the law. And that's the way the jury saw it. I don't think they got it wrong. I think Nick Griffin knows that too. He says he doesn't but he's got to say that.

Still tired of coteries and bans. But hanging about anyway.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 01:42:22 AM »
Interesting. On first glance I thought OMG I am going to have to..no doesn't even bear thinking about.

It would have helped if The Times could have added an extra letter. The phrasing The defendant, who admitted calling Mr Griffin a “f****** w*****”, is a little ambiguous (I don't think it was intentional) but my first reaction was w***** stood for whitey. Hence my first thought of OMG.

Seriously??  I would never think w***** would stand for anything other than that word in a UK paper.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 02:02:01 AM »
Seriously??  I would never think w***** would stand for anything other than that word in a UK paper.
Normally I would have read wanker as opposed to whitey
Sometimes wanker is spelled out within the context of an article and because it was entitle as Asian man cleared of racially abusing BNP leader Nick Griffin and involved an Asian and the BNP and alledged shouts of White B******  and wanker isn't a term I'd associate with race so my brain processed it as whitey. Seriously.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 07:21:07 AM »
Actually I thought for that.  they meant whitey on first read too, then I realised they wouldn't have used *******

If Nick Griffin thinks he was racially abused, he obviously doesn't get out much.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 07:45:48 AM »
I just had an amusing few moments reading the Google search results for "Nick Griffin wanker". That Asian guy was only voicing a very widely held view. I would go further, and say that Nick Griffin is a c***. In UK terms, "wanker" has overtones of being not only stupid and ineffectual, but also publicly ridiculous, and "c***" the same, but with an additional dominant element of plain nastiness. "White bastards" sounds like something the BNP guys made up.

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:40:04 AM »
Actually I thought for that.  they meant whitey on first read too, then I realised they wouldn't have used *******

Exactly! Whitey isn't a great word, but it's not so offensive that it needs to be censored.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »
Exactly! Whitey isn't a great word, but it's not so offensive that it needs to be censored.

Both words are listed as offensive in several dictionaries. I would rank whitey right up there with all other racist terms which as a rule do not get printed without asterisks and again only if they are used in the form a quote that someone said. I would not expect to see the word whitey in print unless they were referring to an undesirable reaction to smoking cannabis.

Wanker is not a racist term, and it is a fairly mild offensive word and unlikely to provoke a reaction in that it really means a jerk, stupid person so I would have thought they would print it as some papers do (Telegraph?).

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
I agree it is offensive, but I would expect that 'wanker' would be much more likely to be redacted in a UK paper/news site than I would 'whitey'.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 02:23:21 PM »
"Whitey"? Had he just stepped out of an episode of Love Thy Neighbour?
"Oye Griffin, you honky!"
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab