Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Things that gross you out  (Read 16381 times)

• daveavenue
  • Liked: 0
Re: Things that gross you out
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »
Smelly food on the bus. Breaking wind at bars (maybe it is more noticeable thanks to smoking ban).

At my work, there seems to be a problem with washing hands, but I hope that this is a localised issue...
The economy fell apart. Then we moved to Brighton. Disappointing- yes. Any regrets? No. I am interested in meeting Sussex people and any other souls that have a shared mission of getting to know the rest of the world better. My Blog: daveavenue.

« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2009, 10:05:02 PM »
There has been an advert on lately for a show about morbidly obese people walking across the country (I really wanna see it). I think it's called Fat March. I say good for them! Work it!  :)

However, who ever filmed this advert zooms in on their mouths when ever they take a bite of food! It's a bit much for me! Chewing, lip licking, mouths open. It's just puts me off eating a bit. It's not because they are obese people either. I would feel the same way about seeing anyone eat so close up!

« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2009, 10:24:04 PM »
speaking of adverts. I cant stand the one about medication and the guy pulls a rat from his mouth. I cringe and turn my head whenever it comes on

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »
speaking of adverts. I cant stand the one about medication and the guy pulls a rat from his mouth. I cringe and turn my head whenever it comes on

Oh, God yes.  That one is beyond revolting.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2009, 10:30:52 PM »

[smiley=puke.gif] OMG, I know what you mean!

You should check out this thread 'adverts you love and hate'

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=15118.0

• Liked: 1
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2009, 09:22:51 AM »
It doesn't gross me out too much now because I've gotten used to it, however, when I first visited I was totally grossed out.

Not rinsing the dishes when washing...that grosses me out... makes me freak out that when I pour a drink in a glass I'm drinking soap too...

Luckily, we have a dishwasher, but MIL doesn't rinse.
Fee Fi Fo Fum, I fell in love with an Englishman. 

Met 11.5.09 in St. Lucia
Visited England Dec-Jan 09, Aug-Sep 09
He visited US April 09, June 09
Engaged in June 09
Married 8.29.09 (on a Marriage Visit Visa)
Returned to US 9.9.09
Submitted Online Spousal Visa App 9.25.09
Biometrics 9.29.09
Sent docs to expediter 9.29.09
Docs to Consulate 10.2.09
Visa ISSUED 10.2.09
Moved to UK 10.23.09
Got first job 11.14.09
Started first job 12.7.2009
Second Wedding in US 7.17.2010
First Wedding Anniversary 8.29.10
First Immiversary 10.24

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2009, 09:26:51 AM »
It grosses me out big time when the dog dips into the cat litter box for a little snack.  :-X [smiley=puke.gif] I scoop it all the time, but as they are left alone together all day while we are at work, and there is nowhere else to put it, well, sh*t happens.  :-X

« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2009, 09:33:47 AM »
It grosses me out big time when the dog dips into the cat litter box for a little snack.  :-X [smiley=puke.gif] I scoop it all the time, but as they are left alone together all day while we are at work, and there is nowhere else to put it, well, sh*t happens.  :-X

That is the vilest thing I've ever read about a dog since a friend wrote about how her dog ate its own poo and then barfed on her daughter's duvet.

Another reason I'll never own a dog. 

Boak.

• Jewlz

« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2009, 09:35:02 AM »
That is the vilest thing I've ever read about a dog since a friend wrote about how her dog ate its own poo and then barfed on her daughter's duvet.

Boak.

Yeah, I'm a cat person and DH is a dog person, so this is the first time I have lived with a cat and a dog at the same time and had to witness the evidence for myself. So disgusting.  :-X

« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2009, 09:40:10 AM »
I am officially finished reading this thread.  Permanently.

« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »

Boak.

I can beat that. My friend's lurchers have been known to tear open black rubbish bags in the street to get at used sanpro. Boy do I not let them lick me.

« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2009, 01:52:08 PM »
However, who ever filmed this advert zooms in on their mouths when ever they take a bite of food! It's a bit much for me! Chewing, lip licking, mouths open. It's just puts me off eating a bit. It's not because they are obese people either. I would feel the same way about seeing anyone eat so close up!
I'm with you there... My BF was leaning over my shoulder last night, looking at something on the computer, which would normally have been cute, but he was chewing something right in my ear! I had to tell him it was gross...
September 2009: Tier 1 visa
April 2011: Married
March 2012: FLR(M)
February 2012: SET(M) application submitted

• Liked: 12
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2009, 08:53:09 PM »
cat drool
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2009, 09:31:10 AM »
cat drool

Yeah, mine is starting to gross me out.  He's a drooler when he sleeps (he's not a kneady drooler), but usually it isn't too bad.  We rent a part furnished flat, and since we've moved in, he's constantly licking a spot on the couch.  I've cleaned the spot he licks a few times with a damp cloth, but I shudder to think what he is licking.  It might just be the texture of the sofa (I hope).  It's micro-fibre, and we had a micro-fibre/velveteen-like sofa that he was incredibly attached to in the States (he wouldn't let you sit on it unless you were really forceful about it).

• Jewlz

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »
cat drool

Ours does this as well. Not as bad as some cats I have known, though.

Our dog has some issues with wind, which grosses me out. Blech. I'll take a cat anyday!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab