Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Things that gross you out  (Read 16380 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Things that gross you out
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2009, 10:19:19 AM »
1. Long toenails.

2. Hair on the bathroom floor. Or any other surface. I give my bathroom floor a once-over with my Dustbuster daily. Call me neurotic, but I'm unapologetic.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

"Everyone, just...pretend to be normal, okay?" - Little Miss Sunshine

« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2009, 11:17:13 AM »
1. Long toenails.

2. Hair on the bathroom floor. Or any other surface. I give my bathroom floor a once-over with my Dustbuster daily. Call me neurotic, but I'm unapologetic.

1. Yuck!

2. I don't like it either but in our house I know the hair is mine as my hubby has a shaved head. So not as big of a deal for me. I just clean it up but don't get grossed out by it.

Going off the toe nail gross out. One that I find cringe worthy is dirty finger nails. Barf!!!!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2009, 12:41:11 PM »
1. Long toenails.

Better than finding little piles of DS's trimmings in various places around the house.  Charming.  >:(
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2009, 12:43:16 PM »
Yeah, mine is starting to gross me out.  He's a drooler when he sleeps (he's not a kneady drooler), but usually it isn't too bad.  We rent a part furnished flat, and since we've moved in, he's constantly licking a spot on the couch.  I've cleaned the spot he licks a few times with a damp cloth, but I shudder to think what he is licking.  It might just be the texture of the sofa (I hope).  It's micro-fibre, and we had a micro-fibre/velveteen-like sofa that he was incredibly attached to in the States (he wouldn't let you sit on it unless you were really forceful about it).
Maxwell was sitting on me the other morning (as I was eating breakfast) with the beginnings of a drool coming out of his mouth that had the remains of his breakfast (just kibbles fortunately)  :-\\\\
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2009, 02:49:53 PM »
Maxwell was sitting on me the other morning (as I was eating breakfast) with the beginnings of a drool coming out of his mouth that had the remains of his breakfast (just kibbles fortunately)  :-\\\\

Our childhood dog used to come, sit on you, fart, and then walk away.

• It's 4:20 somewhere!
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
Our childhood dog used to come, sit on you, fart, and then walk away.

[smiley=laugh4.gif]  sorry but I find that funny.

Still tired of coteries and bans. But hanging about anyway.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2009, 02:59:31 PM »
Something that makes me shudder is when a person (perhaps of the British persuasion?) is eating eggs for breakfast and breaks open the yolk and dips their toast into it.  I don't know why but I just can't watch. And then mopping up the plate with bread or toast. [smiley=sick.gif]

How else are you supposed to eat an egg yolk?!
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2009, 03:02:39 PM »
What grosses me out -

When i go to a public toilet and somone doesn't wash their hands afterwards, then I have to open the door after them - what's the point in me washing my hands?

Particularly when it's the toilets at the supermarket - I just hope I don't see that guy around the fresh fruit/veg aisle!

• It's 4:20 somewhere!
« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2009, 03:29:31 PM »
What grosses me out -

When i go to a public toilet and somone doesn't wash their hands afterwards, then I have to open the door after them - what's the point in me washing my hands?

Particularly when it's the toilets at the supermarket - I just hope I don't see that guy around the fresh fruit/veg aisle!

Totally agree!

That's why I try and use a piece of tissue to open the door. Just no accounting for some people.
Still tired of coteries and bans. But hanging about anyway.

« Reply #174 on: December 13, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »
in the UK? :) I never say "toilet" I am incapable of saying it to another human being (hey, I have issues!).

I say "Ladies Room" which seems to be understood well. I don't think anyone I know says toilet, mostly they say "Loo" I think.

I always say toilet, or "gents".

But reminds me of our recent trip to the US and visiting DW's daughter. She's coming over for a visit in a few months so we were discussing some of the different terms, first off she was a bit grossed about "toilet" rather than bathroom or restroom and many of them the US one was more logical, so she said "Well, at least we say what it is in the States"....and I just said "apart from the toilet" and she just laughed!

« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2009, 01:12:53 PM »
How else are you supposed to eat an egg yolk?!
Well, I would have a poached egg on toast and eat it by cutting with fork and knife, starting from the outside and working in. When I got to the yolk part it would have soaked into the toast underneath and I would eat that -- with a fork.
I was never into having boiled eggs in cups. If I had a soft boiled egg I would peel the whole thing and put it into a small bowl, chop it up a bit with some butter, salt and pepper. Toast would be on the side.
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2009, 01:15:15 PM »
What grosses me out -

Or sometimes they just rinse their hands under the cold tap. What good does that do!
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »
Well, I would have a poached egg on toast and eat it by cutting with fork and knife, starting from the outside and working in. When I got to the yolk part it would have soaked into the toast underneath and I would eat that -- with a fork.
I was never into having boiled eggs in cups. If I had a soft boiled egg I would peel the whole thing and put it into a small bowl, chop it up a bit with some butter, salt and pepper. Toast would be on the side.

It's kind of shocking if I even use a knife unless I'm cutting into a steak or pork chop or something like that! I watch DH use the fork and knife routine with things like pizza and chips and I wonder - "Why bother? It's just us! Pick it up and eat it!" But, I'm no Emily Post, I guess.  :P

« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2009, 04:05:10 PM »
It's kind of shocking if I even use a knife unless I'm cutting into a steak or pork chop or something like that! I watch DH use the fork and knife routine with things like pizza and chips and I wonder - "Why bother? It's just us! Pick it up and eat it!" But, I'm no Emily Post, I guess.  :P
Well, I probably wouldn't use a knife on eggs unless it was sitting on a very thick piece of toast (which does sometimes happen). But what about those people who eat hamburgers with a knife and fork! Well, maybe there the ones who didn't wash their hands properly in the rest room  ;D
>^.^<
Returned to US 1995
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »
Well, I probably wouldn't use a knife on eggs unless it was sitting on a very thick piece of toast (which does sometimes happen). But what about those people who eat hamburgers with a knife and fork! Well, maybe there the ones who didn't wash their hands properly in the rest room  ;D

I just ate a mini veggie burger with a knife and fork this weekend.  It had melted cheese and barbeque sauce all over it, and I wasn't really interested in getting my hands all messy.  Oh, and I do wash my hands properly.  ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab