Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Things that gross you out  (Read 16396 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Things that gross you out
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »
Jupy it's the only place I get any peace to read anything!!!  ;)
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2009, 03:07:08 PM »
Jupy it's the only place I get any peace to read anything!!!  ;)

LOL, Sorry Peeps, I guess it's not that you read in the loo it's just that you leave your reading material in there for other people to see! My husband reads in the loo but he has to pack it in and pack it out if you know what I mean!  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »
didn't even realise that other people did rinse until I joined this forum :P)!

We let our Labrador lick them clean, that way there's no need to wash them at all.

• It's 4:20 somewhere!
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2009, 06:48:27 PM »
We let our Labrador lick them clean, that way there's no need to wash them at all.

[smiley=laugh4.gif]  or  :o  does the lack of a smiley indicate some truth in there?   ;)
Still tired of coteries and bans. But hanging about anyway.

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »
OK, this one really gets to me. I just think it's so disgusting when people read on the toilet! I obviously have never seen them in action doing this (thank god!) but I've been to peoples houses and go to use the bathroom and there is stacks of magazines and books in there! BARF!

I lent a book to a friend, and she asked to keep it so her husband could read it. I was over at their place the other night, and noticed it was in the loo. Yeah, I don't think I really want it back anymore.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2009, 08:20:13 PM »
I think it is kind of nice to have a pile of mags or a couple of books in the loo actually but only if you have a shelf or somewhere to keep them ... not piled on the loo cistern.  Plus I would keep those books only for the loo, not anywhere else.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »
I think it is kind of nice to have a pile of mags or a couple of books in the loo actually but only if you have a shelf or somewhere to keep them ... not piled on the loo cistern.  Plus I would keep those books only for the loo, not anywhere else.

I kind of like it too, but DH is so disgusted by the mere thought of it, that I wouldn't even suggest it. But a lot of my friends and relations have a loo bookshelf and I think it's pretty handy!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »
I kind of like it too, but DH is so disgusted by the mere thought of it, that I wouldn't even suggest it. But a lot of my friends and relations have a loo bookshelf and I think it's pretty handy!

It's the best place to read your Reader's Digest!  ;D

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »
I lent a book to a friend, and she asked to keep it so her husband could read it. I was over at their place the other night, and noticed it was in the loo. Yeah, I don't think I really want it back anymore.

That's just sick and wrong! I mean at least use your own book not loaners. Hope you wont mind letting that book go Kate.  :-\\\\

• Liked: 2
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2009, 08:40:45 PM »
I once saw a loo entirely fitted with bookshelves, like a proper library. Pretty funny. I can't imagine damp from the shower did the books any good, though.

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2009, 08:41:13 PM »
[smiley=laugh4.gif]  or  :o  does the lack of a smiley indicate some truth in there?   ;)

I detest the use of emoticons to inject pathos or humour or sarcasm into material. If it cannot stand alone it should not be shored up with scaffolding.

That's just sick and wrong!

Moving on, Jupy, it sounds to me rather as if you have some "issues" around lavatories?

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »
While we are on the subject of bathrooms, I'd add public bathrooms.  We all know public bathrooms are notorious, but I'm talking about even office communal toilets!  People become savages whenever they are in a public toilet I've come to the conclusion. And of course, I mean this worldwide.  I am always left wondering as I wash my hands in boiling water which of my smartly dressed colleagues in this "professional environment" did any number of the following things:

(some of the following could be TMI as a heads up)

-pee on the seat
-not flush
-tear up tp and leave it sprinkled around te base of the toilet... building a nest I presume?!?
-leave female Auntie Flo products, used, ON THE DAMN FLOOR.
-wipe boogers on the stall walls
-leave twisted bits of tp with suspicious substances on the ends of them on the floor   ???

And I'm sure we all have one or two we could add.
-

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2009, 09:02:29 PM »
colleagues in this "professional environment"

I am aware of senior managers who do not wash their hands after peeing and then expect their colleagues to handle the paperwork they have just smeared with willy germs.

I think I begin to understand what Jupy is getting at...

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2009, 09:04:41 PM »
I detest the use of emoticons to inject pathos or humour or sarcasm into material. If it cannot stand alone it should not be shored up with scaffolding.

Moving on, Jupy, it sounds to me rather as if you have some "issues" around lavatories?

I wouldn't say I have an issue, I just think it's gross! The Thread is titled "things that gross you out" and it does gross me out. Saying I have issues is a bit much don't you think. Now the part I find sick and wrong is using somebody else's book. Everytime that toilet is flushed feces particles go floating about and I don't want anybody's poo on my book. That's all no issue!

While we are on the subject of bathrooms, I'd add public bathrooms.  We all know public bathrooms are notorious, but I'm talking about even office communal toilets!  People become savages whenever they are in a public toilet I've come to the conclusion. And of course, I mean this worldwide.  I am always left wondering as I wash my hands in boiling water which of my smartly dressed colleagues in this "professional environment" did any number of the following things:

(some of the following could be TMI as a heads up)

-pee on the seat
-not flush
-tear up tp and leave it sprinkled around te base of the toilet... building a nest I presume?!?
-leave female Auntie Flo products, used, ON THE DAMN FLOOR.
-wipe boogers on the stall walls
-leave twisted bits of tp with suspicious substances on the ends of them on the floor   ???

And I'm sure we all have one or two we could add.
-
I'll add wet door knobs (you never know if it's just water or...you know)

• Liked: 4
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2009, 09:05:26 PM »

Welcome back, contrex!

Sponsored Links