Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A New Subway!  (Read 1329 times)

A New Subway!
« on: February 18, 2003, 09:15:47 PM »
Saturday Frank and I went to Romford and found out there's a new Subway opening!  I asked a lady who came out of the place when it would be opening and she said hopefully Wednesday (tomorrow 19/2).  So those in the area who are wanting a Subway now you know where to go!  It's on South Street about a block from the train station.  I think we'll be making a trip there this weekend. ;)

• Liked: 0
Re: A New Subway!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 02:51:02 PM »
Yaaaay, Thanks for the info ;D. I live in the Romford area. I'm not too familiar with the most of the streets but I'm determined to find it, lol.

Ann

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 07:05:44 PM »
Subway's seem to be popping up all over London....there is one now near Victoria Station and we've spotted one in Golders Green on the high street as well!

It's a good thing...a very good thing.   ;D

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 06:21:38 AM »
Yaaaay, Thanks for the info ;D. I live in the Romford area. I'm not too familiar with the most of the streets but I'm determined to find it, lol.

Ann

It's real easy to find, Ann.  If you go to the part of South Street where all the main shopping is, it's right next to the travel agent shop and I think there's like an Oxfam on the other side of it.  I nearly missed it myself if it weren't for Frank pointing it out to me.  It'll be on the same side of the street as the entrance to the train station.  Best of luck!  I knew we're going this weekend!  Woo hoo!

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 03:10:15 PM »
Would I be a butthead if I told you that there are two Subways only a few minutes away from me? [smiley=evilgrin.gif]
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 07:40:27 PM »
Would I be a butthead if I told you that there are two Subways only a few minutes away from me? [smiley=evilgrin.gif]

Go ahead and tell us and we'll tell you ;) ...

There's also a subway in Barking, one near Tottenham court road tube station and many all over London!

And yes this weekend we will be going to subway! :)

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2003, 09:43:20 PM »
Subway Update

Well we were going to go and catch a film (The Pianist) before going to the subway in Romford, but they're only showing it at 8.30pm!!  We didn't really fancy wandering around Romford for 5 hours till it came on so we went walked around getting various things that we needed and we finally got to the subway about 5.30pm.

It seemed just like any old subway in New York or Iowa to me; admittedly I've not been to many about 5 or 6, but this one in Romford was just the same really.  The best thing was the seating upstairs, for most of the time we were the only people sitting there and eating.  Very clean and a very nice place.  Yep, we're going back ;)

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 12:22:02 AM »
Subway Update

Well we were going to go and catch a film (The Pianist) before going to the subway in Romford, but they're only showing it at 8.30pm!!  We didn't really fancy wandering around Romford for 5 hours till it came on so we went walked around getting various things that we needed and we finally got to the subway about 5.30pm.

It seemed just like any old subway in New York or Iowa to me; admittedly I've not been to many about 5 or 6, but this one in Romford was just the same really.  The best thing was the seating upstairs, for most of the time we were the only people sitting there and eating.  Very clean and a very nice place.  Yep, we're going back ;)

Have to add my take on it and agree with everything that Frank says.  When you go in the shop front is really small.  But there was extra seating upstairs and that's what really impressed me the most.  It had a fairly large seating area, spacious and CLEAN.  Anyone in the Romford area should definitely check this Subway out.  It's pretty good.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2003, 01:20:20 PM »
The boys and I are checking out the one in Gravesend today!!   :D

And you, too, can find a Subway near you by checking out www.subway.com and going to their Worldwide Locator section.  I would suggest just searching "United Kingdom" and scrolling through the list - entering your postcode only works if there is one in your exact postcode.  It won't just give you the closest one to you.

The one in Romford is already on the list, too. :o
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2003, 07:37:59 PM »
Oooooh.  All  this talk about Subway has made me.....send my husband and thirteen year old to Woking (our nearest Subway).  Cannot wait! :)

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 01:51:09 PM »
Oooooh.  All  this talk about Subway has made me.....send my husband and thirteen year old to Woking (our nearest Subway).  Cannot wait! :)

lol!  Yes, my wife does this too!  "I'd love some chinese tonight, would you go get it please?"

Sponsored Links