Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Is it just me?!  (Read 2449 times)

• Liked: 0
Is it just me?!
« on: November 27, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »
I can't stand the BBC's breakfast show. When they interview people, they interrupt people, while the interviewee is speaking, and then you can't hear the reply to the question. They ask the most inane questions. My favourite today was to an Army soldier working on the bridges in Workington in Cumbria, and the Chris Turnbull guy asked the soldier, "So, why is it taking so long for this to happen?" DH and I just looked at eachother and said, "Um, duh!" I miss the Today show! MIL and FIL watch the breakfast show religiously-except for the weekends, thank God. There's always something for them to moan about on the breakfast show as well-esp the weather. It's cold, it's rainy! It's the middle of November-that's what's supposed to happen! Get over it! ARGH!
Amor Vinicit Omnia=Love Conquers All.

Re: Is it just me?!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »
i HATE Breakfast!

Bill Turnball is Awful! And the combination of Kate Silverton and Bill is atrocious, they have no chemistry and make no sense, she's fairly intelligent and he just interrupts her with pointless banter constantly, goes on about her clothes and tries to talk about himself!

And Carol and the weather, wtf is that?! All you get from it is the weather where Carol is, which in my case is pretty accurate as I live about a mile from the Blue Peter Garden, but if you're anywhere else it's completely useless. Also her banal musings on the changing of the seasons drive me up the wall! And when anything remotely interesting happens, her and Bill go on about it for ages! Like the other week it was chilly and Carol left her gloves at home, you'd think the Queen had been assassinated!

And the little Weasley sports guy?! His observations on sport are absolutely useless.

The Friday people are a little better I think, but overall, I've started to watch reruns of Frasier on Channel4!

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:20:21 AM »
OMG! MIL is forever saying, "Now, on radio stoke this morning, they said that [insert weather  drama here], but, on Carol's news, there was nothing." You're right, it is a useless report unless you're in London! I wish I could watch re-runs of Fraiser. At least then I'd have a laugh!

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 10:29:45 AM »
I dislike most morning news/talk hybrid shows.  It's really a waste of time.

• It's 4:20 somewhere!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 10:38:15 AM »

It ain't you. I can't take any breakfast news chat shows. Never seen such a waste of electrons in my life.

If the boss lets me, the TV is tuned Frazier otherwise it's CITV or CBeeBies or some such ilk till 900.

Then its Radio 2 (hey I'm old)

Still tired of coteries and bans. But hanging about anyway.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 12:13:11 PM »
Aw, who could not like Chris Hollins (the sports presenter)? He is cool! And he's doing well on Strictly too! Kate Silverton I cannot bear and I think I read somewhere she's not terribly well educated, and doesn't have a journalism/news background. Bill Turnbull is ok but an old fuddy duddy. I don't really watch Breakfast TV any more (no time!) but I used to like it when it was Dermot Murnaghan (sp?) and Sian Williams or Mischal Hussain. It's not meant to be hard newws anyway, just light early morning chit chat. The ITV version is ten times worse!

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 12:27:54 PM »
I hate the clearly bogus news trend of the week.  Girls getting raped into gangs, kids using jelly bracelets for sex.  Fake, fake, fake and clearly fake. 

• Liked: 5
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 01:30:06 PM »
Kindred spirits, I have found you!!

I hate Breakfast, and yet I listen to it every morning because it is the best thing going.  How it can be called journalism, I don't know. I hate the way they interview guest and their stupid questions.  And they act like everything is breaking news or a big discovery.

When the military guy shot the soldiers recently in the US, they were interviewing the PR guy of the military. And they asked the question  "how did he get access to guns?"  I thought that was an irrelevant question because he is in the military so he had access to guns regardless.  Well anyway, the answer was "it appears he used his own"  and ol' Bill said "WHOT!??!?!?  How did he get access to personal guns!"  Dude, the US gun policy is not breaking news.  Even the PR guys was like Duh, dude.

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »
This morning's top guest was a real hoot. She was on about her son being extradited to the States. Ok, so, I get that she's angry and defending her son. But, all she did was repeat and repeat herself, and she obviously hadn't done her homework about the justice process in the States. If I were in her shoes, I'd be so knowledgeable that I could be a lawyer myself. I don't even understand why the bloke was trying to get to get into the US military's website in the first place. Something about looking for info on UFO's. Really?! She was saying that her kid's a genius with Asperberg's syndrome. Fine. Why was he looking into that site in the first place?! I don't get why she's hemming and hawing about something wrong that her son did. She doesn't want him to get extradited, but, her son shouldn't have been doing what he did. My mind is boggled. I wish I could get away from that lot in the morning, but, I have to put on a good face for the IL's, because it's the best way to keep the peace, I think. But, good Lord it does my head in!

Her son has Asperger's Syndrome, which is a form of Autism. If you've ever been around anyone autistic, it would be understandable why he was snooping around in things. Clearly he should've been watched a bit closer, but there you go. He's obsessed with UFOs and thought the US had hidden knowledge. Her fear is that her son, with a mental illness, will not be able to cope with being locked up in jail in a foreign country and try to kill himself.
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »
Her son has Asperger's Syndrome, which is a form of Autism. If you've ever been around anyone autistic, it would be understandable why he was snooping around in things. Clearly he should've been watched a bit closer, but there you go. He's obsessed with UFOs and thought the US had hidden knowledge. Her fear is that her son, with a mental illness, will not be able to cope with being locked up in jail in a foreign country and try to kill himself.

Which is entirely reasonable of her to think.  And why should we extradite him?  What's to gain?  If the pentagon's computer system is so easy to hack then surely that is THEIR problem and worse people have probably hacked in but here's this kid and the UK government is basically just rolling over. 

• Liked: 3
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 05:42:55 PM »
I stopped watching BBC Breakfast when this was how the interview started:

"Tell us about a day in the life of Michael Bolton. Does it start with fruit juices?"

::)

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »
This morning's top guest was a real hoot. 

Would you say that if her son was a paraplegic or had Down's Syndrome?

Aspergers/autism is a very serious condition that affects every aspect of a person's life. This young man is to be congratulated for having got through life thus far without a diagnosis.  I've seen and heard various news reports on this case and all they are asking is that he be tried in the UK, not the US, which could seriously jeopardise his mental health. Perhaps you are unaware that people on the autistic spectrum are at high risk of suffering severe depression, and given the level of ignorance in society about this disability, it's no wonder.

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »
I removed the original post. Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 07:51:26 AM »
I stopped watching BBC Breakfast when this was how the interview started:

"Tell us about a day in the life of Michael Bolton. Does it start with fruit juices?"

::)

Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh.  ;D

• Liked: 3
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 09:02:22 AM »
I love the BBC Breakfast news! You people are too critical! I have a HUGE girl crush on Katy Silverton and I love Bill Turnbull!!! Sometimes its deadly serious and sometimes its nice and lighthearted! We are a BBC Breakfast family!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab