Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: COFFEE  (Read 6139 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: COFFEE
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2004, 09:43:06 PM »
Ah the joy of coffee and the memories of grandfather's.

My 'grampie' gave me my first taste of coffee. I remember sitting with him in the mornings at the table and getting a sugar cube that he had dipped in his cup of joe. I've loved it ever since and one of the happiest days of my life was when he made me my own cup. Yes, it was mostly milk and sugar but I had just turned 10 and it was the best birthday treat ever!

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2004, 09:32:56 PM »
I don't mind the odd cup every now and again, but can't stand the smell.. and like a number of you, it's due in part to my grandpa.  He's a nasty old cuss whose clothes and house always smelled of coffee.  Put me right off the stuff for YEARS.

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2004, 12:45:16 PM »
Have ya'll noticed a trend here??????? Everybody's grandpa gave us our first taste (including mine).  Perhaps they were well ahead of their time? ;)

• Dharma in the Dishes
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2004, 12:50:38 PM »
I never knew either grandpa...it was my dad.

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2004, 01:08:02 PM »
My grandfather (who was an amazing person, and whom I loved very much) taught me some great things like how to shoot a rifle and how to fish and how to hit a baseball.....however, I didn't care for how he took his coffee:  black or black with saccharin (yuk)! 

I'll take mine (preferably) with cream, please; or, at the least, milk - and, as I said before, Splenda (or, in a pinch, sugar)!
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

• Dharma in the Dishes
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2004, 10:50:34 AM »
Oh my gosh you guys, weird things are happening to me!!  I've been a 'mornings only' coffee drinker all my life, but this summer I've developed the habit of having another cup at 4:00. Now today I'm having one at 11:00! Where will this madness end!

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2004, 05:59:16 PM »
Oh my gosh you guys, weird things are happening to me!!  I've been a 'mornings only' coffee drinker all my life, but this summer I've developed the habit of having another cup at 4:00. Now today I'm having one at 11:00! Where will this madness end!

Join us join us..... [smiley=evilgrin.gif] [smiley=mellow.gif] [smiley=deal2.gif] ;D LOL

I can drink coffee anytime of day esp in cold of winter.My papa  always had a large cup of iced tea in front of him, guess where I got my love of sweet iced tea from as well   :)

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2004, 11:33:35 PM »
If there's coffee to be had, no matter what the time of day, rest assured, I'll be drinking it!  Caffiene is our friend!   ;D  And, that being said, it does give me a bit of a pick-me-up....but, I can drink it at 11:00 o'clock at night and go right to sleep without any trouble (I know, that sounds like a contradiction....but, oh well...it's true).  I drink it at all times of the day.  For me, it's an "anytime" beverage. 

I like iced coffee too (as I made mention of in a previous post).  Anyone else like it iced?
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2004, 08:34:14 AM »
I love iced coffee.... i think i prefer it to hot coffee.

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2004, 08:38:04 AM »
I love iced coffee.... i think i prefer it to hot coffee.

I like some of the iced varieties as well, but not in the middle of winter.  When it's cold outside, it's gotta be a hot cup.   

I'm not one of the many lining up at Starbucks by any means, but once every few months it's a nice treat. :)

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2004, 12:51:47 PM »
but, I can drink it at 11:00 o'clock at night and go right to sleep without any trouble (I know, that sounds like a contradiction

LOL ,I was just thinking the same thing about myself this morning....I can drink coffee at night and still be able to go to sleep.Its nice to know that Iam not alone  ;) ;D

I am just not a hot tea drinker,has to be iced and sweet for me.Oh I love sun-tea in the summer as well!

« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2004, 01:38:29 PM »

Oh I love sun-tea in the summer as well!

I've got a big jar of sun-tea brewing out in the garden right now.... it's a scorcher today!

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2004, 01:48:26 PM »
I've got a big jar of sun-tea brewing out in the garden right now.... it's a scorcher today!

You will be enjoying your day then  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab