Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UKBA complaint email no longer works  (Read 4773 times)

• Liked: 0
UKBA complaint email no longer works
« on: December 03, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »
Arrrrrgh...

I am still waiting on my EEA2 application (EU family member residence card) -- it's been almost eight months now :(

I sent a complaint email to an address I had seen mentioned here and elsewhere -- NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk -- for the northwest customer service unit, which covers Liverpool (which handles EU apps now).

I received this automated reply:

Dear Customer,

Due to current technical issues we are unable to handle your complaint via email.  Should you wish to complain, please write to us at:

UK Border Agency - North West Customer Service Unit
PO Box 99
Manchester Airport
M90 3WW

Is there really any point sending a letter of complaint to a PO box at Manchester airport? (especially when my passport is in liverpool?)

I guess my next step is contacting SOLVIT, unless anyone has any other ideas...

Just wanted to post this for anyone else who might be waiting on EEA apps.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: UKBA complaint email no longer works
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »
From UKBA Contact Page

EEA residency enquiries

Please note that from 16 November the opening time for the EEA residency enquiry line will be 0900 - 1700

You can contact the European Enquiries Contact Centre if you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you have a query regarding:

• registration certificates for yourself or a family member;
  • a residence card;
  • a family member residence stamp; or
  • confirmation of permanent residence in the United Kingdom.

You can also contact us if you are member of an EEA or Swiss national's family, but you are not a national of the EEA or Switzerland yourself.

If you are a Bulgarian or Romanian national and are enquiring about working in the United Kingdom you will need to contact the Work Permit Contact Centre, listed below.

If you make an application but do not provide the correct supporting evidence, the application will not be accepted and it will be returned to you. Please read the guidance notes on applying under European law for clear guidance on what evidence you will need to supply.

To request the return of your passport, please read the guidance on the making your application page.

Phone:  0845 010 5200

Email:  UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Opening Hours:  Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) 0900 to 1700.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:41:08 AM »
Oh thank you!!!!

I had that phone number already but it's pretty much useless (every time I called it, I either waited on hold forever or got hung up on!) But I didn't have the email, I really appreciate you posting this.  ;D

cheers
j

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
UPDATE: actually, the email listed here does not help  ::)

I just received this automated reply:

Thank you for contacting the UK Border Agency European Enquiries Team.

** Please note that you will not receive a reply from this in-box **

The information below details a general outline of how to apply under the European regulations and provides links to our website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizen/ <http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizen/>

If - having read this information - you still need to contact us for clarification - please contact our helpline by calling 0845 010 5200 - Please select options: 3, 2.

Arrrrrgh!!!! again!

The email goes on to list the application info already on the website.
It says if you have a complaint to email the nwcsu address which clearly no longer works!!

The only useful thing in here potentially is that it includes a fax number, which I have not been able to find so far: 0151 213 1481

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
Hello,

I am waiting for my EEA family member Residence Card for two months now. I recently wrote a complaint letter because they issued me the Certificate of Application WITHOUT  giving the work permission. My husband is a Cypriot, he is working at UK.

I wrote to the address:

UKBA Complaints allocation Hub
Lunar House
Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

I read from their website that they are dealing with complaints at a separate office. I also emailed to the inquire email address with the auto reply like you received.

I think generally the Border Agency is very inefficient. I have been writing letters to them for the issue of work permit for twice. No replies at all!

Now I can only wait but not accept job offer!

Best. 

• Banned

• Writer, married, semi-employed, and sorta happy...
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »
Ah, yes... Another UKBA Catch-22!

So, where are we to complain about not being able to complain?

Sigh.

Wow.
β€œIt was when I realised I had a new nationality: I was in exile. I am an adulterous resident: when I am in one city, I am dreaming of the other. I am an exile; citizen of the country of longing.” ― Suketu Mehta.

Married 04/13/11, in NYC.
Applied for Spouse Visa the following week, with express service, and I was approved 4 days later!
Arrived in the UK 05/20/11.
I took the stupid LIUK Test Oct. 2012.
We were granted ILR In Person in Croydon on 04/23/13.
Got BRP 2 days later, in mail box - it just appeared.

NEXT: The lil' red passpo

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab