Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: scared, stressed, angry re daughter's settlement visa  (Read 981 times)

• Liked: 0
scared, stressed, angry re daughter's settlement visa
« on: December 04, 2009, 08:49:13 AM »
Daughter's father is useless. Has had no involvement in her life. Had no photo ID to get letter giving his permission for daughter's settlement visa. Sent application off with a signed by un-notarized letter. Visa agency called me to say they need such a letter. Gave hundreds of dollars to daughter's father for him to get an urgent passport. He signed the passport photo instead of his witness so they sent it back to him. He finally gets passport, and notarized letter. Was meant to send as overnight delivery (he's in a different country) but sent via courier - up to 6 working days. This is past the visa agency deadline. Plus they may have sent is registered mail - needing a signature, which is no use as it is a PO Box. Which would mean it is returned to them.

Visa agency have given a week extension. I, on the assumption that daughter's father was less useless than he is, have booked tickets for daughter to go back to see her grandma in just over a week. Will now have to cancel/reschedule tickets .. but things up in the air as to when. Passports may not even arrive until after I am scheduled to return to home country. Everything is a mess, an absolute mess and I'm angry and worried and scared and feeling helpless.  Just when I thought things would be okay.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 09:21:58 AM by doria »

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
Re: scared, stressed, angry re daughter's settlement visa
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 09:10:43 AM »
Bah! He needs to get with the program, man! Sorry you are having to deal with so much red tape regarding your visa. I don't have any expertise in this area, but hopefully your ex will get with the program and do what needs to be done without making any further mistakes.  >:(

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:12:25 AM »
Oh Doria...I'm so sorry to hear this. Unfortunately I don't have any advice to offer as there isn't much that can be done if he doesn't get his act together. I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »
So sorry Doria, fingers crossed the British consulate will be understanding and give a further extension if necessary.  Deep breaths ...

• It's 4:20 somewhere!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 10:26:10 AM »

Sorry to hear that things aren't going well. Hopefully HE will get his act together.

Here's hoping for you.
Still tired of coteries and bans. But hanging about anyway.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 01:20:23 PM »
Thank you for your condolences and wishes - they mean a lot to me. I was able to get a week's extension from the visa office on Friday. I arranged for him to go see the notary again and resend everything - properly. He was meant to do it today but I have had no email so I don't know whether this happened. However, I also received an SMS message today saying to ring the visa office. The message they gave me was that they'd ring me if that had any further queries. What?? This may have been the visa officer acknowledging the extension I asked for, but it was a weird message. However, it did enable me to ask questions about the postage and apparently they *can* receive post that requires a signature. So there is hope that the initial letter will arrive (although this info contradicts the website and I've learnt the hard way that what these people say is not always the case). I will still need to change my daughter's ticket back to NZ for Christmas, which will cost several hundred, and may not be the end of it because I may need to change it again. And there is still the possibility that this all goes really really wrong (especially as we are going into Christmas) in which case I'm in a situation I can't even begin to think how to solve (no passports, no visa, tickets to the UK that would cost 1000+ to change, a job I'm meant to start on 1st Jan, a deposit on a rental property etc etc ... it would take thousands of dollars and too much time to fix everything). All I can do is hope at this stage. It's an understatement to say that I had no idea that moving to the UK would be this hard. I was offered the job in May, and here I am in December still not sure that everything is going to work out ...

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 01:38:41 PM »
If the visa office said they would ring you if they had further queries, I would be inclined to think maybe your ex actually did send them the paperwork? Argh, this sounds like a very stressful situation for you. Hope it gets resolved soon!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 01:40:16 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for you, hoping it all gets sorted asap.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab