Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Knox found guilty, gets 26 years.  (Read 3773 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Knox found guilty, gets 26 years.
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 01:43:42 PM »
CNN had a breakdown of all the evidence in a slideshow format that really brought home just how little evidence there really was in the case. 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 01:55:21 PM »
An interesting (read: take with a pinch of salt) editorial about the lead prosecutor, Mignini

http://www.thewrap.com/blog-entry/2354

Mignini was then indicted for abuse of office. And yet, in Italy, an indicted prosecutor is not automatically removed from office. Mignini remained (and remains) in power.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »
This is another Barry George, imho. You didn't have to be on the jury of that trial to know the conviction (based, too, on circumstantial evidence) stank like my husband's gym socks.

DNA on a knife? My god, there isn't a knife in my house that doesn't have my DNA on it and I have the scars to prove it. Someone kills my husband that makes me the killer? Please.

They needed a conviction but quick. Maybe she did it. Maybe she didn't. Flimsy evidence is NOT enough to lock someone away for life. This is not a case where I am comfortable believing a miscarriage of justice hasn't occurred.

The knife was found in Sollecito's house with Kercher's blood on it and Amanda Knox's DNA.  If the knife had been found at Knox's house, it would be easier to dismiss. There was also all three of their DNA found on Kercher's bra and there were also traces of their bloody footprints found by some chemical called luminol found at the house. I imagine this was what got her convicted, right or wrong.
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford." - Samuel Johnson

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 07:48:45 PM »
I was under the impression that the only physical evidence found on the body was from Guede.

Edit: Ah

The prosecution says at least one of the college students did leave something behind. They said they found a bra clasp with Sollecito’s DNA on it. But they discovered Kercher’s clasp nearly six weeks after the murder – a highly suspect and tainted piece of evidence from a contaminated crime scene.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 07:51:00 PM by grumpyjet »

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 07:52:42 PM »
And:

The authorities later claimed they found the murder weapon, a kitchen knife, at Sollecito’s house. The knife had Knox’s DNA on the handle – no surprise, considering how much time she spent with her boyfriend. But it was also described, after repeated and highly questionable testing, as containing a tiny amount of DNA that might match that of the victim.

That DNA, according to several outside experts, was of such trace amounts, and was available only after numerous enhancements in the testing, that it could belong to many people. Also, the knife did not match the bloody outline of a knife at the crime scene.

from: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/an-innocent-abroad/

And some details of the "evidence":

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/dec/04/meredith-kercher-amanda-knox-guilty

The knife probably wasn't even the one that killed her, apparently, and the "blood" could have been anyone's.

Only Sollecito's "DNA" (blood? Semen? Doesn't say) was on the bra clip (just the clip) which wasn't bagged for 45 days. His DNA must be all over that house.

Only one footprint, which was categorically NOT any of theirs.

Sorry, but I'm not convinced.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:07:04 PM by grumpyjet »

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 08:29:14 PM »
If only the jury could have seen CNN's slide show, then maybe Knoxy would have walked free!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 08:30:21 PM »
 ::)  Not a very helpful nor insightful comment.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 09:26:50 PM »
If only the jury could have seen CNN's slide show, then maybe Knoxy would have walked free!

If only you could find something better to do with your time than making snarky comments on a message board. 

• Liked: 2
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 09:33:41 PM »

I'm still wondering why you started this topic if you didn't want to hear other people's thoughts on the subject. 

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 11:09:53 PM »
Locked till the sniping calms down.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab