Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Neighbour Overreacting About (Perceived) Noise  (Read 4076 times)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Re: Neighbour Overreacting About (Perceived) Noise
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2009, 08:49:02 PM »

I have to agree with WestHighlandWay.  

I agree. too.

The funny thing is that we are in the middle of the City Centre, near all the York tourist places, with tour groups clomping around up and down the streets. We can look out our front door and see street performers, who are surrounded by crowds of tourists.

And then, there are the York residents who just like to go to the City Centre in the evening and enjoy themselves.

We are also near a very crowded outdoor market with loud vendors trying to make sales.

I can't understand why someone who insists on absolute quiet would want to live here in the first place.

DH and I moved here because we wanted to be closer to all the activity.

I was thinking, earlier, that it's too bad we moved in after Bonfire Night. I'd like to see how he dealt with that.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 08:51:43 PM by sweetpeach »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 08:53:23 PM »
Well, you always have the 4th of July! :)

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »
He must be eternally frustrated and annoyed.

• Heart...Captured
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 08:57:25 PM »
He must be eternally frustrated and annoyed.

That's what I was thinking...one of those people who just sits there silently waiting for some noise (or anything, in general) to complain about.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »
Jeez, here we go again!

DH is in the attic, putting up an aerial, so hammering. 5 minutes to 7 PM - still daytime - when people are first coming home from work so it's their first opportunity to get things done, neighbour has knocked on the door asking what the noise is.

Told him he that DH wouldn't be hammering much longer. But seriously - complaining about someone who has just moved into a house doing work on the house during the day?

So 3 complaints from him (2 about me and DH, one about the guy across the road) in 3 weeks.

Also, now that I think of it, is it a bit odd that he asked me if the guy across the street's noise was bothering me - as if he needed someone to agree with him that there was, in fact, noise? Whenever I've complained to someone about excessive noise, I've just knocked on their door and asked them to turn it down; I've never felt the need to ask anyone else if they heard noise, too.

http://www.10db.co.uk/html/noise___nuisance.html

‘The noise from my neighbours children playing in the garden is a nuisance because I’m a shift worker and need to sleep during the day’ - this would be classed as abnormal sensitivity. Just because you have a particular requirement does not mean that your neighbours have to adjust their lives to suit you. If the neighbours are not behaving unreasonably, there cannot be a nuisance.

Tell him that you can hammer anything to anything in your house until 9pm.

http://www.woking.gov.uk/planning/envhealthservice/control/noisenuisance

I know this is from Woking borough council, but they're all the same...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab