Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: letter to the UK consulate  (Read 1072 times)

• Liked: 0
letter to the UK consulate
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:15:58 AM »
I was just wanting some suggestions for a letter that I want to send with my application. My husband has written one and I would like to write one as well. Do you have any guidelines for me? I am an American moving to England for settlement with my BC husband who lives in England.
ILR: Feb 27, 2012
Mailed off citizenship application via solicitor: Feb 29, 2016
Application received by Home Office: March 1, 2016
Payment taken: March 10, 2016

Letter of acknowledgement: March 9, 2016
Letter requesting biometrics: March 9, 2016
Biometrics completed: March 15, 2016
Letter of approval: April 5, 2016
Invitation to citizenship ceremony: dated April 8, 2016 but received April 21, 2016
Ceremony booked for:

Re: letter to the UK consulate
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 05:46:47 AM »
I did this for my Ukc hobby when he came here on a visa... we basically stated when we met married etc and stated the marriage was fully supported by one another. We stated our intentions upon living in the new country Ie get jobs in our skills area ... stuff like that. I am assuming and hoping that the UK wants somethimg similar

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 08:42:42 AM »
There is no requirement for a letter from the Visa Applicant. Your application covers pretty much everything that needs to be covered. It's really your husbands letter that is crucial to your application...just remember that with visa applications, more doesn't necessarily mean that your application is better. There is such things as overkill and sending more than what you need to send can be taken as an attempt to hide something.

I did send a letter, however it was more of a cover letter listing additional information or corrections to certain questions on the actual application and advising them of my travel plans.

• Banned

• Becca Jane St Clair
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 12:49:07 AM »
The only letter I'm' including is my cover letter, which just says at the top "please find enclosed blah blah blah" and then I go on to explain a few things further in detail and then I just closed with "thank you for your time. If you have any questions, I can be reached at blah blah blah".
http://blog.beccajanestclair.com

Met Tim Online: 2004 ~ Met IRL in the US: 6/2005
Engaged: 23/09/2009 ~ Married:  05/11/2009
Biometrics Submitted: 28/12/2009 ~ Spousal Visa Application Submitted: 12/31/2009
Spousal Visa Issued: 31/12/2009 ~ Move Date: 21/1/2010

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 12:24:32 PM »
Becca, you should include a letter of support from your husband.  It's much more important than a cover letter from what I understand.  A cover letter is nice as a substitute for a table of contents.

We went way OTT on letters for my spousal, but we also had a very long LDR between our marriage and applying for a visa.  If I had found UK-Y, I probably wouldn't have done so. 

• Banned

• Becca Jane St Clair
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 12:40:05 PM »
Oh,  I meant the only lette from me I'm including. We've got Tim's.
http://blog.beccajanestclair.com

Met Tim Online: 2004 ~ Met IRL in the US: 6/2005
Engaged: 23/09/2009 ~ Married:  05/11/2009
Biometrics Submitted: 28/12/2009 ~ Spousal Visa Application Submitted: 12/31/2009
Spousal Visa Issued: 31/12/2009 ~ Move Date: 21/1/2010

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 10:16:53 PM »
hi again all,well 7 weeks time i fly over to the states to marry my g/f of 8 years,could someone tell me what i should put in a supporting letter for the visa,she will be coming to the UK,i am disabled and on incapacity benefit,and low care componant of DLA,i have no savings because all savings are spent on visits to see her,but she will be bringing around 20,000 pounds in savings she has,and has been sent a email saying a employer will want to interview her once shes in the UK for a senior care worker position,i have been to the local citizens advice bureau that said i will keep my benefits when shes here,but will loose housing benefit and council tax benefit.......so im stuck on what i should put in the supporting letter,or should i just fill out the sponsership undertaking form and leave it at that....thanks for any help and advice

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 08:35:51 AM »
The sponsorship undertaking form is not used for US applicants. You'll need to do a letter. In short it needs to be like the following:

Sponsor's Confirmation

If the sponsor is not accompanying the applicant, a confirmation must be provided. This normally takes the form of a letter in which the sponsor explains his awareness and support of the application.

Although it is not strictly necessary, a brief summary (one or two paragraphs) of the relationship can be included which addresses: [1] how and where you met; [2] how you have maintained contact; [3] the date and location of your marriage; and [4] plans you have made for living in the UK (or more specifically, why you are opting to live in the UK).

Finally, if there are exceptional circumstances about the application, or if the sponsor is seeking a concession, it should be thoroughly explained here.

This is an example of a Spouse Visa support letter but it can be tweaked to be used for a Fiance visa as well. Just make sure you put it in your own words: http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/usuk/spousal.pdf

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 07:00:29 PM »
thank you webyj again for your advice,i looked at the link you put up for me to look at,im just confused a little,obviously i have no savings due to using my savings for visiting my g/f in the states,plus building a home for us both here in the UK,so she needs nothing,i set up this apartment for us both,so when her divorce money came thru in june 2009 ( which took a little longer because he didnt want to pay it )...he payed up after lawyers got involved in November 2009,and i sent her money over to help pay for her lawyer,....im just not sure what documents to supply because i have no savings,even my savings now have just payed for my flight for febuary 2010 and my medical insurance was 206-00 pounds because i have pre existing medical problems,plus i have saved to pay towards the visa and to use a expiditer,and the wedding,.......can you offer any advice on where i should go with regards to not having savings? thank you

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 07:06:34 PM »
p.s....this is a stupid question but on the VAF4A very first box says......What is the main purpose of your application to come to the UK?.....do you put settlement in there or spouse?...thanks

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »
Be aware the VAF4A form cannot be used for applications from the US and should be viewed for informational purposes only. On the online application the purpose would be 'Settlement' and the type would be 'Wife'.

If you have no savings then, obviously, you wouldn't mention savings in your letter. You could mention, however, her divorce settlement received and how those funds would be used to support her until she found suitable employment. If she has £20,000 then I don't see the Maintenance Requirement being an issue since:
Maintenance may be provided by either:

The applicant with their own funds or with funds available to them; or
The sponsor; or
A combination of applicant and sponsor funds.

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 08:18:48 PM »
thank you for a swift reply webyj,that information again was good,so i take it that when you do the online application for settlement,you get the chance to print that off??....and you send that with your documents?....and the VAF4A is just a guidance and not the one you print off and send to the consulate.....i know that once you have applied online ..you are then sent to another page to book biometrics.....sorry to be a pain but the times getting closer and closer and we both wanna do the best with this...thank you

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 08:30:18 PM »
Once the online application is submitted & paid for, the biometrics appointment system will appear then once that is complete it will prompt you to print the application and the biometrics appointment letter. Then attend the biometrics appointment where the appointment sheet is stamped. Then send the signed online application form, the biometrics sheet AND all the passports & documents either to your expediter to deliver to the Consulate or to the Consulate directly within 14 calendar days of the biometrics appointment.

It's probably a good idea to just completely forget about the VAF4A, it's irrelevant for the application since there will be questions on the online form that are not on the pdf form. If you want to preview the online system, sort of a trial run, then log onto it and fill it out. Just don't submit or save anything.

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »
thanks again webyj,i just found the nearest biometrics office near the g/f home,looking at the info there it says she will have to provide....

•Printed appointment confirmation
•Valid travel documents

how can she provide valid travel documents,when i have read dont book a flight until you have your visa passed???

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 09:23:06 PM »
thanks again webyj,i just found the nearest biometrics office near the g/f home,looking at the info there it says she will have to provide....

•Printed appointment confirmation
•Valid travel documents

how can she provide valid travel documents,when i have read dont book a flight until you have your visa passed???

The travel document is her passport - so she will need to take just her passport and her biometrics confirmation letter to the appointment. The letter will be stamped and returned to her while she's there and she will need to send it with the rest of her documents to the consulate.

Sponsored Links