Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Okay - who's from the 'other board?'  (Read 3335 times)

Re: Okay - who's from the 'other board?'
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2004, 04:40:47 PM »
Jemima wrote:-

What other forum?

I'm surprised that you would so openly ask and take the piss when you have been an active member there for so long yourself, Ameriscot.

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2004, 07:13:10 PM »
Mindy - I know how forums can be (having run my old company's forum for 3 years or so, 10,000 hits a day, from male teens to thirtysomethings, yech) and still post on expats so I wasn't trying to rile anything, hope you don't mind the thread!

No, we don't mind at all.   :)  We're comfortable with our site and doubt that people will be leaving in their droves to join the other site.  We've got a nice friendly community that we're really proud of. 

• Finally back in his arms...
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2004, 09:21:19 PM »
I've jumped from there to here as well - though I didn't post as often and used a different name LoL!!
So close no matter how far, couldn't be much more from the heart and nothing else matters...

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2004, 10:04:45 PM »
I have my own yahoo group, so I was just a voyeur in the other one. When I do post, I do it here as I, like most of the other people who've posted, get a warmer feeling by being here :)

Welcome to all the familiar names and to all the others!

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2004, 10:57:37 PM »
anyway, here are the ones I recognize so far:
[...many handles...]
who else? mostly I listed people I recognize from the forum but I know there are others

Harumph!   ;D

Leave me off your list will you?  The very nerve!!!

I have the distinction of being *banned* from that cauldron of swivel-eyed bunny boilers.  ;D

Welcome!  Enjoy...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 10:59:56 PM by garry »

• From California to Cheshire.
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2004, 11:31:13 PM »
Kellio from the other. Love them both.
Home is where your heart is, mine is now in Cheshire.

• Twitter
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2004, 01:16:46 AM »
I'm from the other board as well. I am garmentgirl over there. Well...I was before it started charging. I can't help but go back to the HO section. I am not posting anymore and will stop all together once I get my up visa. This board is not only more informative, but it's friendly and packed with many more topics. :) YEY for UK Yankee!!!

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2004, 10:51:33 AM »
I go in between both boards and have done so for some time. I like them both for different reasons. What I find sad is the people now here that have nothing nice to say about over there but still go and lurk. There must be something about it you like.

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2004, 11:09:04 AM »
I go in between both boards and have done so for some time. I like them both for different reasons. What I find sad is the people now here that have nothing nice to say about over there but still go and lurk. There must be something about it you like.
I do the same thing. Enjoy them both for different reasons. Glad they are both online. All I can say is thank you to both.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2004, 11:15:39 AM »

I do the same thing. Enjoy them both for different reasons. Glad they are both online. All I can say is thank you to both.

That is excactly how I feel  :)

• Journal
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2004, 11:31:36 AM »

That is excactly how I feelĀ  :)

Ditto.  :)  They both have their good points. 
"I will do this.  Nothing in my life matters except this.  I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment."  -Raistlin Majere

• flavin!
    • Personal site
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2004, 07:01:08 PM »
I agree, both are great in their own ways but neither is my exclusive "home" forum, and I don't get involved in the political stuff anywayz...I was just curious how many people I recognize from expats would be on here :)
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by things you didn't do than by things you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2004, 08:39:23 PM »
What I find sad is the people now here that have nothing nice to say about over there but still go and lurk. There must be something about it you like.

Nah.  It's more like pressing on a bruise. 

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2004, 09:30:23 PM »

Nah.  It's more like pressing on a bruise. 

... or driving by a car crash... it makes you feel sick, but you've just got to look...

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2004, 09:07:55 AM »

... or driving by a car crash... it makes you feel sick, but you've just got to look...

;)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links