Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Processing Times  (Read 183731 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR Application Processing Times
« Reply #885 on: July 29, 2014, 12:39:40 PM »
I posted on your thread as well, but I'll write it here too:

As far as I'm aware, it should be fairly easy to get an appointment... all you can do though is create an account, try booking one and see what dates come up as available. New appointments are only released 6 weeks in advance so right now, you can book up to about September 8th.

As your KOL Req'd spousal visa doesn't expire until December, you have almost 5 more months left in order to book and attend an appointment (or to get the application in the mail), so there's no need to hurry unless you are desperate to get your ILR right now.

Last year, there was a problem with third parties purchasing all the appointments and then selling them on at higher prices, so all the appointments would get booked up weeks in advance and you would literally have to book one as soon as it became available - at midnight, 42 days ahead. However, UKBA stopped these third parties and now there shouldn't be any problems getting an appointment when you need one.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #886 on: July 29, 2014, 07:24:26 PM »
Hi there, I apply for ilr (10 years long residence) just wondering how long will it take to get a response from ukba as they receive my application form on 30 may 2014. Biometric done on the 18 June 2014.
Receive a letter from the MP dated 4 July 2014 which was forwarded by ukba saying that my application has been forwarded to a casework unit. What exactly does that mean ( my application already in process and allocated to a case worker) or ( does that mean my application is in a bunch of files sitting on a desk, waiting for a case worker to look into it) please respond as I'm going crazy. Been 7 months since I haven't been working. Please please respond, I need every feedback I can get

« Reply #887 on: July 29, 2014, 07:27:44 PM »
Current waiting time is about 4 months from biometrics, from the look of things. I'm probably about two weeks ahead of you and am still waiting - not expecting to hear anything until September at the earliest.

Hang in there - it's annoying, but there's nothing you can do to change the processing times unfortunately.
I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.' Kurt Vonnegut

« Reply #888 on: July 31, 2014, 01:21:16 PM »
Hey Elle.davis, thanks for your feedback. Is there any chance you can let me know any updates please. Good luck
Thanks you
Rk1506

• TV geek for hire
    • Mclevey Art
« Reply #889 on: July 31, 2014, 07:30:41 PM »
SET(M) sent in first week of March.
Biometrics done first week of April.
Visa issued/documents returned around 10 days ago.

So 4 months from application, 3 months from biometrics.

(Application made under old rules and follows from FLR(M) and several student visas.)
Another shameless promotion for www.mclevey.com, the best place on the internet to buy art.

« Reply #890 on: August 01, 2014, 01:41:53 PM »
Hi all, I'm due for ILR in January and it's time I start preparing for life in the UK test. Please share with me the books, CDs or mobile apps you used, I've got a couple of mobile apps but I don't know which ones are the recently updated.

Also since I got my spouse visa almost 2 years ago, I've not been in a stable job, my partner who is British earns almost 19,000 pounds annually and we live in a private rented house. We owe council tax but paying what we could afford every month, my partner also claim housing benefit. Could me not being in a stable job, my partner claiming housing benefit and the council tax issue affect my application?

Thank you
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:47:34 PM by Ph33sh »

« Reply #891 on: August 01, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »
Also since I got my spouse visa almost 2 years ago, I've not been in a stable job, my partner who is British earns almost 19,000 pounds annually and we live in a private rented house. We owe council tax but paying what we could afford every month, my partner also claim housing benefit. Could me not being in a stable job, my partner claiming housing benefit and the council tax issue affect my application?

If you're under the old rules, and you can show you are paying off your council tax, then no, it shouldn't affect you.

There's no official minimum income requirement for ILR under the old visa rules, and I have never seen an ILR refused due to finances, even if neither partner is working and they are living entirely off the UK citizen's benefits.

All you have to show for ILR is that you have 'enough' money to live off without the non-UK citizen needing to claim public funds. They generally define 'enough' money as having at least the same amount left over after paying rent and council tax as a UK couple (plus any children) would receive in income support every week.

This amount is £113.70 per week for the couple plus £66.33 per child (£492.70 (couple) + £287.43 (per child) per month) after paying your rent and council tax, but before any other expenses.

This is the same income requirement you needed to meet for your spousal visa, so if you can still meet it, you will be fine.

So, if your husband earns £19,000 per year, you just need to deduct your monthly rent and council tax from it, and see how much is left over. You can also include your savings if you have any (dividing them up between a certain number of months). If you are able to show at least the income support amount, you should be fine.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #892 on: August 11, 2014, 12:06:55 PM »

View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #846 on: May 08, 2014, 12:59:36 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
My time line so far:
 April 14  South Lanarkshire Checking Service
 April 16  UKBA received papers as per PO
 April 17  letter dated TY for Application for me (sent to my husband )because he paid   by his CC  ?
  April 19 received the letter  - don't know when money charged yet until bill comes
  May 8  Just received letter for biometrics dated May 2nd  will go tomorrow (website on letter for  po website is no good)

Update

Today Just received letters from Home office   Approved   ... BRP will be sent with in 
7 days of letter  dated August 7th 

SO that makes 3 MONTHS from having biometrics taken ..

« Reply #893 on: August 11, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »
Hey buddy, congrats on your ilr. Mate, where exactly did you post your application? It looks like they are processing April application now. Does that mean they are processing April - May now.

I look forward to hear from you soon.
Rk1506

« Reply #894 on: August 12, 2014, 04:27:30 PM »
Sent from South Lanarkshire Checking service  Glasgow  They also tried to deliver my BRP yesterday same day as I received letter of approval (I did not expect it that soon LOL )  The card said they tried to deliver at 2 pm I went out about 145 155 so I just missed them  BUT also the card said date .. 11/10 ? what ? it's not October ? .. any way I came home after 6 pm too late to call to arrange delivery for today so I have to sit home all day tomorrow 9-5 to wait for it .. we will see I have driving lesson tomorrow .. keep you updated..

« Reply #895 on: August 12, 2014, 07:33:21 PM »
Hey buddy, btw how long did H/O suggest your application would take to process normally on your acknowledgement letter. As it seems that your application was process different place compare to mine. I think mine is either Croydon or Sheffield.
Hopefully they are processing May - June 2014 application now, as they receive my application form on the 30th of May. It's so stressful, cannot even work until it's all approved.

Thanks for your reply
Rk1506

« Reply #896 on: August 13, 2014, 07:53:41 PM »
DX delivered BRP today  Just a note if you are waiting for them My DX guy showed up in his personal car . I saw him get out with brown envelope and look for address I ran down the stairs and it was him so I would not miss him , 

and HO did not say any time frame ..

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #897 on: August 13, 2014, 08:42:48 PM »
Hey buddy, btw how long did H/O suggest your application would take to process normally on your acknowledgement letter. As it seems that your application was process different place compare to mine. I think mine is either Croydon or Sheffield.
Hopefully they are processing May - June 2014 application now, as they receive my application form on the 30th of May. It's so stressful, cannot even work until it's all approved.

Thanks for your reply
Rk1506

As you applied based on 10 years residence, you'll find the wait times longer than those on shorter paths.

This link may give you a better idea of the current wait times:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefinite-leave-to-remain/10-years-long-residence-applications-t52692.html

« Reply #898 on: August 13, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »
Hey thanks for your reply. What do u mean by shorter or longer path? Is their anyway or on a UKBA website to check which month application they are dealing with at the moment.
Thank you
Rk1506

« Reply #899 on: August 13, 2014, 09:18:49 PM »
Shorter or longer path to ILR... A short path would be 2 years to ILR on an old rules family visa, then you've got the 5-year path to ILR on work visas and new rules family visas. The majority of ILR visa applications will be 'short path', 2 years or 5 years.

The longer path based on 10 years continuous residency is kind of a special case and very few people apply for it... So it's likely to take longer to process as they have to check it more thoroughly and make sure you have held legal residential status in the UK for the entire 10 years.

Sponsored Links