Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How can I get Turbo Tax?  (Read 578 times)

How can I get Turbo Tax?
« on: April 06, 2010, 10:09:16 AM »
I want to purchase and download Turbo Tax 2009 from their website, but can't seem to enter a billing address that they will accept.  It seems I have to enter a zip code and for country I can only choose US or Canada, so I entered my old zip code and US, then on the other lines put my real address in the UK.  But then I just get an error message saying this does not match my billing address on file with my credit card company...of course it doesn't, my credit card provider has my real address in the UK.

How did other people get around this?  Did you have to get someone to mail you a Turbo Tax CD from the US?

Thank you!

• Liked: 2
Re: How can I get Turbo Tax?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:31:08 PM »
You can't use a UK postal code - its a total pain! I did mine online and tried to pay and it won't accept a UK address you must have a US address.
You could try buying it on amazon or something pay with paypal?

I had to print mine and mail <sigh> At least it is done

• Liked: 36
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:14:26 PM »
Hi there,

Easiest way would be to get a family member or good friend to purchase in the US and either send you the disk in the post or, to email you the download link and send you the serial/license code.

TurboTax is a US centric product (I used to work for Intuit) and thus, there's really no need for them to setup the payment systems for non US addresses. Same way as when I worked on the UK version of the same software, no provision was put in place for foriegn addresses.

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »
JennBean and DtM, thank you so much for your responses! 

I did check the Amazon website but they have downloads for the Windows version only, and I need the Mac version.  But for a Windows user that may be a good option!  As for Mac, Amazon will only mail the CD, as will Costco and Apple.  I also tried my credit union (which is my credit card provider) and my brokerage, but they link to the Intuit Turbo Tax website where I ran into the problem inputting my billing address. 

DtM, your message inspired me to call Intuit to see whether they could take my credit card details over the phone (thinking perhaps the form that staff use is different from the one I see online) and then email me a link and the serial/license code as you suggested.  First, I had to speak with someone in the Philippines which was a little frustrating because I wasn't confident that she understood me and after about 15 minutes I was nearly ready to give up, but then she transferred me to someone in the USA and he had all of my details in front of him, based on what she had entered.  He was super nice and after we chatted briefly he told me to log into my Intuit account (because I have used Turbo Tax in previous years, I have an account) and hey presto the software I wanted was there, ready to download.  Which was rather confusing, because nobody had asked for my credit card details yet.  So I was like, hey how did that get there? and he said he gave it to me for free, and was like, really, are you serious? thank you so much!!  and he was laughing and so was I because I was ridiculously happy about this.

I don't know whether he gave me the software for free because I am a previous-year customer, or because he found me entertaining, or simply because it's the easiest solution for overseas customers with troublesome addresses. 

Anyhow, the problem has been resolved! 

• Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:53:32 AM »
I'll use my US bank account to buy my Turbo Tax this year. It should work, right?? Last year I was able to buy the software when I was in the US and I can't remember what I did the year before that!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab