Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Calling all Britwives!!  (Read 26879 times)

• Liked: 2
Re: Calling all Britwives!!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 06:41:22 PM »
You're making me want to get married all over again! It sounds like you have a lovely day planned.  Keep us posted!  [smiley=daisy.gif]

• One week until we're together!
    • Cruella INC Webdesign
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 07:00:38 PM »
  Date change... The big day now falls on the 2nd, since the registrar totally forgot the fact they'd be holding a Christmas fate at the same time in the gardens.  [smiley=doh.gif] Lol.  I'm just glad I hadn't sent out the invitations before he rang to tell me!
"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." - Judy Garland.

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2005, 11:41:05 PM »
Hi, my name's Aquila.  :) 

I just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself to the board, even though technically I'm not a Brit wife just yet (roll on December!). I met my Gorgeous fiancé Raul  through an online group. I definitely wasn't looking for love at the time, but there was just something about him, right from the start. It's hard to explain really.  Anyway,  two and a half years later we're engaged and just a matter of  months away from tying the knot here in the UK.

I can't say he cares much for the beer, but he does seem to have taken a liking to Guinness (thanks to my dad). Food however, I don't think our food is going to win him over anytime soon... I keep threatening him with faggots and spotted dick! lol

A pic Me and Raul with my Grandfather at the local pub watching WBA FC.

That picture is really cute :)

• I Love My English Prince
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2006, 08:47:56 PM »
caio all,

I am the wife of a wonderful british guy who I also met in a chatroom on AOL eons ago as friends and now are happily married and after the spousal visa's are paid for for me and my daughter we will be moving to Newquay in June, we are so very excited, well except my family of course lol, but the waiting for school to let out to make the transition go better for my daughter is almost nervewracking. So much time on our hands to do all the packing and sorting and getting rid of everything only start over from scratch lol.. but anyway just wanted to introduce my self and our family to the forum.

cheers,

becky

• married to my hawaiian babe
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
Hi, have just joined the board and I too am a brit wife..Met my american hubby in the middle east when we were both living and working out there for separate companies..we met, fell head over heels in love and married 11 months later..We now live in the UK and our son was born dec 2004..We're trying to decide whether to move back to the mid east or the USA but living in the UK is not where we wanna be in 10 years... :-[
Off to Ohio

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching''

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 07:20:40 PM »
Hi All

I'm about to become a BritWife - getting hitched to my US BF towards the end of the year...can't wait!  I've been lurking in these forums for a while now, gathering some useful info on Spousal Visa's (yawn) and all sorts of other handy bits and pieces.  So, thought it was time to say Hello!   Hello!

;D

• Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 09:06:18 PM »
Hi there! Nice to meet you!  ;D

• I love you like a fat kid loves cake!
    • facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 05:52:04 PM »
i did not know this thread was going. Brit wife here too, hubby is currently in the US military, and we are just waiting on his enlistment being over ( feb 08) so we can apply for our spousal visa and he can join me here in Manchester, hopefully he will be here by the end of March 08. I honestly cant believe that our time to live together is almost here, it seemed like an eternity away when we began.

We have been married a little over a year, and together almost 3 years. We too met online on a military dating site. Best thing i ever did.
Sharon-UK

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 07:40:58 PM »
I am a britwife, who's slowly adjusting to married life!!

I met my husband on-line  [smiley=computer.gif](Blackplanet) in 2001 (gosh, I was only 19 ).  We had a son in April 2004 and we FINALLY got hitched in Nov 07!!!  It's so odd, as took 5 years to marry, but only 2 weeks to decide we were getting married and have the wedding.  He came here on a visitors visa, proposed.  When we told everyone about the engagement, there was so much discussion, I felt overwhelmed. Then a couple days later said  [smiley=idea2.gif]"let's just do it now".  We got married in a Church of England Church (the vicar at my school married us), but we had to apply for a special license from the Archbishop.  He had to go home the day after our wedding :-[.  But we had a reception in Dec 07 (I got special leave from work) and was able to spend a month there.

We had a lot of ups and downs but I wouldn't change anything (apart from how long it took us to marry :P)

Nice to meet you all ;D

Porsha

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »
Hi Guys

My name is Lucy and I am from Hampshire.  I met my finance Chris on Myspace comedy forum! nearly two years ago now. Luckily when I met him he was based in Germany as a Combat Medic for the Army and we met up for the first time at Frankfurt Airport.  Well it was the best first date I had ever been on! lol!

He was leaving the Army after 11 years service and came to live with me last summer...but obviously due to restrictions on length of visitors stay he had to go to California after 6 months and we have been jetting to each other countries ever since..He will be here permanently from May so all is good and we will be getting married in July.  My finance has had a massive learning curve also..not only getting used to the Brit way of life but also leaving the Army and becoming a civilian again..its tough but he is doing great..AND..he has been teaching his friends "Cockney" back in America which in itself is hilarious!  His main concern was meeting new friends and I am sure this website will ease his mind more.  I am glad I found him a community in which he doesn't feel like the only one here and people sharing their concerns and experiences ect...

Anyway...I am new to this website and I have to say I have already found it extremely useful..so hello everyone!   ;D

Lucy x
I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 12:38:14 AM »
Hi All

I'm a Britwife also, met hubby online in July 98', came to the USA in Sept 98' and married in March 99'.  Have lived the last 10 1/2 yrs in the USA, first Maryland, then Montana now we're living on the North Central Oregon Coast.  We applied for DH's Spousal Visa w/KOL at the beginning of April and now have that in hand.  We are flying back home in November 2009 to Cornwall where all my family are.  We will also be spending a lot of time in Mid-Sussex as that is where I lived for 17yrs and all my high school friends are still there.

I love my adopted country and became a US Citizen in Sept 08' but home is where the heart is and my heart has always been in England.

We recently lost our 2 precious German Shepherds within 2 months of each other  :\\\'(, 1 was a complete shock and out of the blue and the other was our old girl who didn't want to carry on once her younger brother wasn't around to keep her going for longer.  They were our babies and became our whole life once we found out we couldn't have a human baby.  They became even more important when we also had a failed adoption so through our grief and sadness a light bulb went off over our heads and we suddenly realized how important it was to be close to family.  So we decided on the British arm of the family.  My DH has finally given up his guns (retired cop) to come home with me........Yipee  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, I'm coming home  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.  Really can't believe it, still in shock and disbelief.

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 06:41:36 PM »
Anyone still around here?

I'm going to be a Brit wife, although we aren't sure where we'll be living yet. I met my other half in New York City a few years ago and we've been going strong ever since - apart from the odd long-distance-related argument here and there. Being across an ocean from one another has been hard work - still is hard work. I'd love to hear from other people in the same situation - misery loves company!

Sponsored Links